Qobuz playlist jumps to next track after a few seconds

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 laptop.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wi-fi via Sky Q wireless.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Uniti Atom connected to router via Ethernet.

Description Of Issue

Qobuz playlist jumps tracks after a few seconds.

Hi @David_S,

The first thing I notice is that your Core is using WiFi. We recommend using Ethernet whenever possible for your Core. Is this something you can try?

Can you provide some additional details on your Windows 10 laptop?

Do you have any local files? Is the same behavior occurring for those?

Are you able to play to System Output okay or does that exhibit the same issue?

Hi Dylan.

I am indeed investigating using Homeplugs to provide a wired connection. This will take a while.

In the meantime, my laptop is an HP Envy with Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz and 16GB of RAM. Internet speed at the laptop with wireless connection is around 36Mbps.

I don’t know what you mean by ‘local files’, but if it’s any help, using the Naim app from my tablet is much more stable, as my Uniti Atom is hard-wired to my router.

System Output seems to be working fine.

Hello @David_S, and thanks for the extra detail! What Dylan means is do you have local copies of tracks stored on your core that you could try instead of streamed content from Qobuz. We want to narrow the scope of the issue down to either your local network (and possible Ethernet solution) or an issue communicating with Qobuz.

It looks like it might be a problem with Qobuz. When I play my Itunes playlists via Roon, it seems to work OK.

Have you any suggestions for improving the connectivity of Qobuz via Roon? If they don’t work together, it’s pointless having both: one of them must go!

Hello @David_S, if you go to settings>services>Qobuz and lower your streaming quality to CD quality does the connection improve? What if you change to Google or Cloudflare DNS? Also again I must mention that Ethernet connection for the core is highly recommended in our networking best practices.

Thanks, I will try that, though it rather seems to defeat the object of Qobuz as a hi-res streaming service!

Preliminary results: it’s better having reduced the streaming quality to CD. However, the main unit (Naim Uniti Atom) has dropped out a couple of times, whereas the Mu-So QB 2ng generation speakers have carried on. The are all on the same network. The Atom is hard-wired to the router, but the QB is wireless, which doesn’t seem to make sense.
Incidentally, I am no longer using a VPN or DNS server.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.