Qobuz Playlist Presentation in Roon

This is how Qobuz playlists show in Qobuz webapp:

And this is how they look like in Roon:

I don’t think it’s a matter of opinion that which one looks better and offers a more pleasant user experience. I can imagine some reasons why Roon renders them this way (white font on the center requiring darkening the images), but honestly this looks so ugly and unusable that I think whatever the premise is should be rethought. I think it’s probably better to just generate a synthetic collage of playlist content (the same for roon native playlists), rather than using Qobuz official photos.

1 Like

As a counterpoint…

While the Roon ones might lack visual appeal and be hard to distinguish from each other. The Qobuz ones, with their mish-mash of fonts and glowing drop shadows look (to me) like someone with little eye for design was let loose with a copy of Photoshop.

A halfway house might be to simply reduce the opacity a bit on the Roon ones.

1 Like

Fair, but Roon rendering is just a dark blob to me. I’d take your opacity reduction suggestion.

I think this may be a bug as I don’t remember them always being this dark before. It’s pointless having the artwork if you can’t make out what it is. On my phone hardly anything is visible.

@support are these supposed to be so dark?

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback here, I’ve passed this report on to the product team!

2 Likes