Qobuz plays but keeps on stopping

I’m having issues with Qobuz on Roon too… it plays but keeps on stopping. Anyone else experiencing this? Tidal is working perfectly.

Hi @Loke_Kwang_Han,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi Noris, thanks for reaching out. My Roon core is a Nucleus, and my network is hardwired ethernet cat 5. All other sources are playing fine (I have Tidal and also my own library) but Qobuz will have a problem every few days or more. It will play and then stop after a few minutes or seconds.

I rebooted the Nucleus and it seems to be working now. I’ll let you know if it comes back again. Is there anything else I should be checking?

Oh no I spoke too soon. After about an hour of playing, its acting up again. intermittently having quick gaps in between playing music. My endpoints are KEF LS50 wireless and various Sonos speakers. Help!

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz issues in Roon - Mac Mini

Hi @Loke_Kwang_Han,

Does logging out and back into Qobuz via Roon Settings -> Services change anything?

Can you please note the exact local time + date + track you experience the next issue and let me know this information on this thread?

Hello @noris, I logged out of Qobuz and it was good for a few days but just now it started to skip again. Local time (Singapore) 1055 hrs 15th August, playing track ‘Sonnet 138’ on album ‘Please Leave Your Light On’ by ‘Paul Kelly, Paul Grabowsky’.

I cleared the cache and its ok now, but I don’t know for how long…

Hi @Loke_Kwang_Han,

Thanks for that additional info!

I’ve enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this should have done is automatically upload a log to our servers, but unfortunately I am not seeing this log report come through.

Can I please ask that you use these instructions to access your Data/RoonServer/Logs folder and send me a set?

Dear Norris,

Attached Roon logs - there were multiple instances of the music stopping when I was playing INXS.

Please let me know what else you need.

Regards,

Han

If you want to tap @noris on the shoulder, you must reference him as I just did.

Doesn’t matter now. I just did it for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @xxx! And thanks @noris for your help!

1 Like

Hi @Loke_Kwang_Han,

Thanks for sending the manual log set, I looked over it and I am noticing an interesting trace, copy + pasting it below for easier reference:

08/29 11:28:21 Trace: [KEF LS50 Wireless] [Lossless, 16/44 QOBUZ FLAC => 16/44] [100% buf] [PLAYING @ 2:58/4:25] Bitter Tears - INXS
08/29 11:28:24 Warn: [streamingmediafile] in immediate read: System.IO.IOException: The response ended prematurely, with at least 2579294 additional bytes expected.
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.ContentLengthReadStream.Read(Span`1 buffer)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpBaseStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at Sooloos.Media.StreamingMediaFileImpl._ReadImmediate(Int64 file_off, Byte[] buf, Int32 off, Int32 count)

It almost looks as if a network disconnect prevented Roon from streaming the full file. I’m also going to reach out to our technical team to see if they have seen such traces before.

I can see the issue occurring on the LS50s, but you mentioned that the Sonos speakers are also affected by this issue?

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date + track when this occurs on Sonos and send a log set of that as well?

I wonder if it is the same error message for both zones.

Hello @Loke_Kwang_Han,

I wanted to follow up on my previous message, have you had a chance to look into this further?

If you are able to reproduce the issue on Sonos or on System Output, please let me know and we can investigate this further, thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Roon + Qobuz cutting out

Recently my Roon kept stopping intermittently again. After digging around a little, I realised that the reason for this was that I had put my Roon backup in the same NAS folder as my music. The large number of files in the backup was causing the Roon Nucleus problems.

I think you should warn users against putting the Roon backup in the same folder as the watched music folder, or better still, make it impossible to do it.

This is already noted in the article on Backup…

https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/backup

1 Like

Hi @Loke_Kwang_Han ,

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to resolve this issue by excluding the Roon backup from your watched storage directory.

We had this listed in our documentation already but now have added a warning label to it so it is even more visible in the documentation.

Thanks!

You should make it impossible for the user to choose a watched folder for backup. Can’t be more than a few lines of code and save a ton of trouble. Who reads documentation anyway?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.