Qobuz Popping in between some songs/tracks

Roon Core Machine

ROCK
Intel NUC 11 Pro NUC11TNHi3 Barebone System - Ultra Compact - 1 x Processor Support Core i3 11th Gen i3-1115G4 Dual-core (2 Core)
8GB RAM - SSD
Version 1.0 (build 259) production
Version 2.0 (build 1311) production

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected to ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Shiit MODI 3, Chromecast audio. But happens also via raspberry PI/dac hat/Volumio

Number of Tracks in Library

None, just Tidal and Qobuz

Description of Issue

Worked great for months. Now very loud pops in between some tracks or albums.

I recently introduced Qubuz and started having issues. Tidal seems to work fine.

I restarted the core and re-installed the remote but no luck.

Thanks

Is it just if the resolution changes from track to track or also within an album if every track is at the same sample rate / bit depth?

2 Likes

If as @Suedkiez suggests, it’s happening when sample rate or bit depth changes, you may find adjusting the Resync Delay will resolve the popping, It works for some users.

1 Like

It seems fine in within the same album. I have changed the delay tp 1000ms but no luck

DACs usually mute their analog output during bit-rate and/or depth resync, and if yours has a sufficiently high DC offset in its output, this muting causes a sudden voltage step heard as a tick/pop.

Changing the resync delay has no influence on that.

Your DAC might just be in need for service or replacement.

Or you can use Roon’s Muse to resample all material to the same Bit-rate/depth to avoid the popping.

2 Likes

My dac is fine. Works well directly from Tidal app. I tried a different dac and it does the pop too.
I tried what you say and the pop is still present

You could try increasing the value further, it may not ultimately resolve your problems but it only takes a few minutes to try.

1 Like

Did you try what happens if you resample everything to the same bit-rate/depth?

Are you still finding it’s only with Qobuz and not Tidal?

Last night I log out of Qobuz from the Roon Settings. I listened to random albums, songs and playlists for 2 hours and all was fine. To be clear, there are small pops which I think is the different sample, but the one I am talking about with Qubuz is LOUD. Like when you unplug a RCA connector with the amp on loud.
I did added delay all the way up but no luck.

I think @Suedkiez idea of setting the sample rate for consistent output is the next step :crossed_fingers:t4:

I think I figured out the issue. It seems to be related to the chromecast audio that I use as a streamer. I’m testing a bit longer and then report. Thanks for all the advices

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.