Qobuz - possibility to download files?

Hi all,

My Qobuz account was recently upgraded to streaming at higher quality than mp3 but I have a slow internet connection. This means that I can only stream with mp3 quality without drops in the audio signal.
Is there a way to download Highres musics from Qobuz (just the albums added to the library) to be played via Roon?

In case you want to know, I didn’t ask to upgrade my account. Qobuz did it as they dropped the their lowest quality streaming plan.

Thanks in advance.

Ludovic

No you can only download to be played by their own application.

1 Like

The Qobuz app itself has a feature called the “offline library” into which you can download stuff (of any resolution) for later listening. Very useful for flakey internet, and mobile use. Qobuz stashes stuff in this cache in any case, so you may also find that playing something a second time gives you a better result. But Roon doesn’t exploit this.

You can add Qobuz music to your Roon library as you do for Tidal. But it is still streaming. If you upgrade your Qobuz account you can purchase music with significant discount. For example, with the top Sublime subscription you can purchase HD tracks for about half the price of other web stores.

I know you said you did not want to upgrade your subscription, but with the recently announced price reductions, the higher level Qobuz subscriptions are more affordable now.

1 Like

Hi all,

Thanks for your answers.
I understand now that there is no way to download Qobuz tracks from Roon.
It is good to know that tracks can be downloaded from Qobuz app directly.
I know about the Sublime subscription but, as I am streaming, I don’t feel the need to pay to download an album.

Thanks again,

Ludovic