Qobuz Problem - Need help setting up my QNAP NAS as my core

I’ve just finished installing my Roon Core on My NAS (QNAP TS251+). It plays my locally stored files fine, but will not connect to my Qobuz account. I get the same message no matter what Qobuz track I try to access. “Unable to start streaming. Check your Qobuz account and try again”.

I changed the core over to my PC and have no trouble accessing Qobuz or my local files.

I’m assuming that the issue may be firewall / port related, but would love any guidance on getting Qobuz access through my NAS as the core.

~Mark

Hi @Mark_McAllister,

Just to confirm — The same exact Qobuz account is being used for both Core machines? If you login to the Qobuz webplayer from this account are you able to play Qobuz content beyond just 30-second demos?

Correct. The same account for both cores. I now have Qobuz playing on my PC through the web player and am over a minute into my first track right now.

Thanks for the fast contact BTW. To be more helpful, here is my setup.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
QNAP NAS TS 251+ Running QTS 4.4.1.1146. Roon Server " Version : 1.7 (build 505) stable
QPKG-Version : 2019-06-09 Process ID : 14361"

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
INternet access is into Linksys EA9500 as modem/router. NAS is wired ethernet to the EA9500

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Currently accessing the NAS core through my PC, also hard wired ethernet to the same EA9500.

Thanks, @Mark_McAllister.

When you setup Roon on the QNAP did you restore a backup? If so, can you try clearing the cache and let us know if that helps?

• Stop RoonServer on the Core
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to RoonServer/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Restart RoonServer and try to log in

This cache clear seemed to fix it. Qobuz running via the NAS core. Thank you! I appreciate the quick help.

Hi @Mark_McAllister,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.