Qobuz-Roon and Bryston 3.14

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac/ Roon Version 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

I am using modem with Zyxel router…Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bryston 3.14 DAC and Streamr

Description Of Issue

I can’t play 192Khz24Bit tracks with Roon ( on QOBUZ) … But if I use Bryston web page I can play 192khz24Bit tracks

Anyadvice?

Thx

Hello @SULEYMAN_TALAS, and welcome to the community! Does a reboot help the issue? Do you have any local high-quality content to test with?

Hi Nuwriy, thank you for your reply.

I don’t understand what you meant by “does a reboot help?”. Did you reboot remotely or should I do something?

Again thanks for your time,
Cheers

Roon’s support team are asking you to try rebooting… I would suggest you reboot both Roon and the Bryston.

Hello @SULEYMAN_TALAS, I also wanted to share this link since this device is still working on its certification.

Hello there,

My final decision:
Roon does not work with Qobuz.
I am bored of receiving this message: Qobuz bla bla connection problem etc etc…slow bla bla etc…

And Roon teams haven’t got solution for this problem.

Best
ST

Hi @SULEYMAN_TALAS,

Is this only happening with the Bryston? If you play directly to the Mac does the same issue occur?

Yes…only happening with BDA 314…I can play directly to the Mac…

I am waiting’ a answer…

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bryson 314.

Description Of Issue
Why does not work Qobuz Hi Res Albums does not work with Roon?
I can play directly Qobuz Hi Res albums on my Mac.
Please explain and help.
ST

Show some screen shots of what you are trying to play, your endpoint path etc

I am so sorry that but I have to say; I bored Roon’s “desperate” and “unsolvable” messages…

Sample answers for simple question…

I did not talk about Cern test…or Quantum physics…
Problem is simple:

I am using BDA 314…my core is MAC
I have got very speed internet connection…
I can listen 192khz/96 kHz music with my Brtyston interface…
But ROON does not work…
same message: qobuz slow…or tidal slow…

Best

I’ve just seen you had 3 separate topics on this which I’ve merged together so all the history is in one place.

I’ve tagged Roon’s @support team to follow up with you.

Your are a very optimistic person…Roon Team is desperate like me…:slight_smile: sorry but this is true…:slight_smile:

While you are waiting, this might be useful as it sounds like a networking issue (notwithstanding the fact that you can use your Bryston app, the demands that Roon puts on your network is significant):

Hi @SULEYMAN_TALAS,

I just checked with the team on this and they did some testing with the Bryston 3.14. On our end everything seems to be working okay, so we need to focus in on what makes it behave differently in your setup.

Starting out — Let’s bypass the Bryston entirely. Can you try playing to System Output? Do you see any of the same errors?

Hi Dylan,

Yes it works properly on System Output, I can listen from Roon on Mac and none of these errors are occurring.

Okay, thanks for confirming that. That definitely helps narrow it down.

Moving forward, I’m hoping you can reproduce the error once more on the Bryston and make a note of the time the error occurs and what track it failed on. We’ll enable diagnostics and get with our QA team so we can try to identify what might be happening here.

I fixed the problem
You must use ethernet cable for using Roon
Wifi is desperate solution…

Cable is a must…

ST

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.