Qobuz Roon playlist question

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10/Roon build 710 (1.7)

Network Details
Ethernet connection to Comcast Arris Model tg3482g

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bluesound Vault via ethernet connected via rca analog to Peachtree audio 220se

Description Of Issue
I am puzzling over the differences in the way Roon with Qobuz and Qobuz’s web player produce search results. The examples below do not employ Favorites in either product (Qobuz or Roon).

For example, in Qobuz web player, I can do a generic search (no filters) for Arnold Bax and get 142 releases (partial screenshot below).

The same search using Qobuz via Roon produces 23 albums. I don’t know if albums and releases refer to the same thing. Part of the results below:

So far, I haven’t been able to search Qobuz via Roon and find many albums I am shown in the Qobuz web player. Example would be the album “Holst & Bax.” This album appears in the first search done above for Arnold Bax in the Qobuz web player:

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 8.54.10 PM

In my search of Qobuz via Roon, I do not see this album. However, if I do a search for just this album in Roon with Qobuz, I get the correct result:

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 8.57.03 PM

I’m curious if I am searching correctly in Roon Qobuz, incorrectly interpreting Roon results, or if there are limitations searching Qobuz via Roon that are not a problem if searching directly in Qobuz’s web player.

I would rather use the Roon Qobuz search utility because it is seamless to add albums or tracks to the library or playlist. If I’m missing something in the Roon Qobuz interface, please advise. If not, then I will limit searching using the Roon/Qobuz search field and keep the Qobuz web player active so I can be sure I am finding all the Qobuz titles available.

I don’t have an answer for you as to why this is so, but I have experienced the same thing. So I remember that if I want to do a “deep dive” on an artist I go to the Qobuz ap. Happy searching and New Year.

Same here. I often have to use the Qobuz app to find what I’m looking for because Roon’s search results are lacking. :frowning:

Hi @Carey_Bacon,

When you do a search in Roon, Roon tries to give you the most relevant results for your search. There are a number criteria that factor into the search results, but if you’re interested in exploring everything there is from a particular artist or composer, the best option is to use their Composer page.

Alternatively, if you know of specific content you’re looking for (such as Holst & Bax in your example above), a search for that item should bring it up right away.

I hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.