Qobuz Search Is Missing Albums

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Apple iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) [4.2 GHz Core i7, 48GB Memory, 1TB SSD), external monitor (iiyama PL3490WQ - 3440 x 1440); macOS Catalina 10.15.1

Roon Version: 1.6 (Build 475)
Roon Bridge: 1.0 (Build 169)

Library stored on Internal 1TB SSD
Music stored on NAS (Drobo 5N2), 17,500 tracks, Qobuz (Sublime+)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

UniFi Security Gateway 3P Router, Unifi Switch 8 POE-150W, UniFi Switch 8 and UniFi AP-AC-Pro for Wi-Fi.

Audio Devices (Specify connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Yamaha NX500 speakers (directly attached to iMac via USB), Bluesound Pulse Mini 2i (Wi-Fi - 5GHz), Bluesound Pulse Mini 2i (Wi-Fi - 5GHz), Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i(Wi-Fi - 5GHz), Bluesound Node 2i (Ethernet)

Description of Issue

If I do a search in Roon (via the Roon App on my iMac) for a-ha and then select the artist, Roon returns the list of my own a-ha albums in my library but only four full albums from Qobuz. If I log into my play.qobuz.com account via the web browser and do the same search, 20+ full albums get returned.

If I select one of my a-ha albums e.g. Lifelines, it indicates there are two Qobuz versions (16bit & 24bit). Neither of these are listed on a search as being present in Qobuz. A Lifelines EP is listed as being present in Qobuz but not the full album.

I have also noticed this issue with the Rolling Stones, so I don’t think it is an artist specific issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Jon_2019,

This is the intended behavior in Roon. Roon will always attempt to identify your albums and match it with other versions of that album and will hide duplicates. In some cases, where you might have multiple versions of an album in your library, and then there are more in TIDAL or Qobuz, there can be many versions of an album appearing if we did not do this.

If the album exists in your library you can navigate to that album and go to the Versions tab to get access to TIDAL, Qobuz, or other library versions. From the Versions tab you can also add these versions to your library and set which version you want to be the Primary (i.e. which version is displayed by default).

You can change this behavior in some locations by going to Settings > General and setting Show Hidden Tracks and Albums to yes. This will show all versions of an album in the various browsers in Roon, but this does not change search result behavior.

OK - Thanks for the info. :slightly_smiling_face:

It would be nice to have an option to see search results for all albums, regardless as to whether they are in my library or not. At the moment I would say it it is not too user “search” friendly. :wink:

It would also be very useful to be able to search for and then see all hi-res versions of albums for an artist available on Qobuz, I don’t think you can do this?

Hi @Jon_2019,

You can’t only search for hi-res, but you can filter content in your library by Format by using Focus > Format.

Thanks for the quick responses. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll give that a try. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.