Qobuz skipped tracks twice

Similar issue here. Only happened twice. Music ends abruptly and skips to next track.

1 Like

Hi @Randy_Hatcher1,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Has this happened any more?

Does this happen with all endpoints?

I have two end points. This skipping has occurred on both. It happened about 2 hours ago.

The Roon Core is running on a Nucleus. The router is an Apple. The cable modem is Arris. One zone is operating with a hard wired Lumin streamer. The other zone is a KEF LS50W speaker running off roon connected via WiFi as an endpoint.

Hi @Randy_Hatcher1,

Is there any change in behavior if you log out and back into Qobuz?

Noris, I’m seeing this skipping of the occasional track in Qobuz as well since 1.7. I’ve logged out and back into Qobuz with no improvement. Roon client on Windows 10 Pro with Core on ROCK/NUC. Happens on multiple endpoints (including the System Output on the Windows PC).

I did sign off and back on. Played Qobuz album "Porgy and Bess revisited…(Nicholas Dautricourt et al) a new release. When I got to selection 4 “I love you Porgy” it abruptly ended. I played it again…same result. I pulled up the same album on Tidal and upon viewing track 4 I noticed that the playing time was different than the Qobuz version. Tidal version was 5:04 the Qobuz version was 3:08. In this particular case this explains the skip. The Qobuz information is incorrect. I will check and make this comparison between Tidal and Qobuz if and when this occurs again.

Great that you were able to catch the time differences. I think Qobuz is serving truncated files. I’m having this problem on both Roon and Volumio. Actually, for me it is much worse on Volumio. For some reason Qobuz serves files perfectly to the iOS and mac Qobuz apps. My guess is that the timing of this with release of 1.7 is coincidental.

It’s possible. The stuff going on in inside of Roon during the failures is 100% consistent with truncated files coming from Qobuz, but we didn’t quite have enough logging in place to be able to prove it ex-post-facto, so we didn’t want to make any accusations.

We think we have a couple of reports of this problem on 1.6 builds, too…but it can be hard to be sure as the symptom is hard to differentiate from other network-related failures, so there was a lot of “noise” mixed into the incoming reports–since network failures happen to lots of people all the time at a low probability.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.