Qobuz stops playing after 30 min

I have a different but related issue. I don’t have Tidal and recently purchased Roon+Qobuz Sudio.
Everything works fine until, after 15-30 minutes, the sound stops.

Nothing starts playing no matter what I select as the track/album. The only thing that fixes this is restarting Roon. There are no other issues whatsoever.

Please assist!
Nick

Hello @Nick_Yanakiev,

I split your post from the main thread to better assist. Can you please let me know more info about your setup? What is your Core and network like? Please include the model manufacturer and how everything is connected.

Does this issue occur only for Qobuz content or both Local and TIDAL (if applicable) as well? Have you tried rebooting your Core and Networking gear yet to see if that helps? Do you notice any types of patterns in the type of content that fails to play (same sample/bit-rate)?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @noris

Sure- it’s a pretty simple setup, really.
My PC acts as the core (i7 processor, 16GB RAM, lots of free space); I mostly use it with a Chord Electronics Hugo 2 and my headphones.

I also use it with the KEF LS50 Wireless in the living room. I have not noticed any change in behaviour when using one vs the other and based on the type of content. I no longer subscribe to Tidal so can’t compare.

I have pretty good wireless at home and never experience problems, where music stops playing due to lack of bandwidth.

To me it seems like an issue with either Qobuz or Roon. The issue always happens at the end of the track as it finishes playing and the next one never starts successfully.

The only thing that solves this is restarting Roon. I tried using the Qobuz desktop app instead and have no issues at all.

Please advise,
Nick

Hello @Nick_Yanakiev,

Thanks for letting us know that information. It is certainly strange that it works for 30 minutes and then stops, does this behavior seem consistent that it lasts for 30 minutes and then stops? What is the last track that it gets stuck on and which track is queued up next when this issue occurs?

What is your network setup like? Please let me know how the Core is connected to the network and what the model/manufacturer of your router is. Also, it is not clear if this same issue occurs when streaming local content or on both KEF and Hugo 2, can you confirm?

Thanks,
Noris

It doesn’t always work/not work for 30 minutes- it can be anywhere between 5,10 etc to 30 minutes.

This happens irregardless of the track and album being played. The connection is wireless and the router is TP Link TL-WR940N.

Issue occurs on both H2 and the LS50 Wireless. Again, no such issues exist when streaming Qobuz from its desktop app (tested for a few hours using the highest quality settings for a few hours);

Thanks,
Nick

Hello @Nick_Yanakiev,

Thanks for letting me know that info. It is still not clear if this issue happens with both local and Qobuz content, can you confirm if you are able to play local content as expected and it plays through with no issues?

I’m also going to go ahead and enable diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

To make sure I have the right information to analyze, I kindly ask for you to reproduce this issue once more and then note the exact local time in your country that you notice the playback behavior occur (ex. 1:19PM on 1/29/19) and let me know this info.

Once diagnostics are in and you let me know if both local and Qobuz content are affected by this issue we can take a look to see if there are any errors around the timestamps you list.

Thanks,
Noris