Qobuz streaming either skipping mid track or stuck at 0:00

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Using wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pi2AES (streaming through wifi) > AES on Burl B2 bomber DAC > SW51+ > HD600

Description Of Issue

Ever since the update, Qobuz streaming has been a terrible experience for me. Roon will either skip to the next song mid track or it just won’t stream and become stuck at 0:00. I know it’s not an issue from Qobuz end because I can stream fine using their player. I don’t have VPN on, internet speed is stable and fast. Only way to solve this is to restart Roon core from my Windows 10 every time. It’s not something that happened once in a while, but frequently reoccurring issue every day.

1 Like

Same here with Tidal.
Core: Mac mini
Netwerk details: ethernet > core, wifi (stable) > endpoint (Roon Node 2)
No problems with streaming straight from Tidal.
Since build 778, really a lot more dropouts & skipping of tracks, to the point that using Roon is becoming a terrible experience indeed.

yep, exactly.

This has been a bummer because I recently committed to being a lifetime member. I can do local streaming with no issues, but Qobuz has been terrible

Hey @Tommy_Tak,

A belated welcome to our community :wave:

(I am sorry it is 16 days late…I had hoped this wouldn’t happen, but we’re still doing all we can to reply to everyone as soon as possible).

I’m sorry about the trouble with streaming from Qobuz. Is this still ongoing?

Hi Rebeka,

yes it’s still an ongoing issue, I don’t have issues with locally streaming my files, but Qobuz has been very inconsistent in terms of playability where I would often have to restart Roon from my core PC to get it to work again. I’ve never had this issue prior to the update and my system and internet has not changed at all.

1 Like

Hey @Tommy_Tak,

I’m really sorry to hear about that…but I am hoping we can help. First thing to try, if you haven’t yet, is to clear the cache:

• Stop Roon on the Core machine
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Restart Roon on the Core

Please, let me know if you see any improvement at all :pray:

ok will try this and get back to you. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Rebeka,

I have tried the above method, but it still leads to the same issue. What should I try next? At this point, I have to remove all the qobuz stuff in my playlist and keep everything local because it would get stuck whenever it tries to play anything qobuz related.

Hey @Tommy_Tak,

Thanks so much for trying my suggestion and for following up :pray:

One thing that seems to have helped many of our other subscribers who use Qobuz, was to change their Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS.

Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

Hi Rebeka,

yes I can try that. What does this do exactly? I’m not familiar with the term DNS or ISP

Thank you very much for your trust!

ISP stands for Internet Service Provider. So, instead of using the default DNS set up by your local Internet Service Provider, using the ones suggested above have proved to be much more reliable.

1 Like

Ok I’ve downloaded cloudfare on my roon core pc. I’ll see if the issue still persists. Do I need to download DNS in all of the devices that are connected to roon?

1 Like

Hey @Tommy_Tak,

Thanks for giving that a try! Just your router is perfect :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@beka,
Just wanted to thank you for the cloudflare dns tip. Like Tommy_Tak I could not play Qobuz tracks without them skipping in the middle to the next track or even worse not playing at all with the music not playing. I have my own thread talking with @danny and @dylan but with no success.

I added cloudflare this morning and where I could not play music for 6 minutes if Qobuz tracks were involved, I have this morning played only Qobuz for over 6 HOURS! with every track playing 100%. Let us hope it holds up.

Anyway, thank you so very much for that information.

1 Like

Wow! What great news you’re sharing, @Ben_Bennett :partying_face: .

Thank you so much for choosing to spend tome time changing the DNS on your router - it did pay off, indeed!

I’m over the :crescent_moon: to hear that you’ve enjoyed uninterrupted playback for this long.

While I hope the issue will not resurface, we’re here if you need our help :nerd_face:

1 Like

@beka
Let’s hope Tommy_Tak is just as lucky

1 Like