Qobuz Streaming Intermittent

Hi @Barry_Jones,

Thanks for sending new logs. I am seeing quite a few name resolution failures in them. It looks like for some reason your Core can’t resolve Qobuz servers properly, I suspect this might be due to Ethisalat and the network-shaping they do for the country firewall. Hmm, if you change your Core’s DNS servers as well, does that change anything? I would try Cloudlfare (1.1.1.1) instead of Google.

OK, I have changed the DNS on my router to 1.1.1.1 and will see how that goes over the next couple of days.

1 Like

Hi Noris, since running DNS through Cloudflare I experienced an issue today also at 11.28am (8-Dec) would you like the logs again or are we fairly certain this is an ISP issue? Can Roon not be made to buffer like Netflix? perhaps via a user adjustable setting?

Hi @Barry_Jones,

Sure, I can take a look at logs again, would be interesting to note if there are further name resolution failures.

You can adjust the streaming quality for Qobuz if you go to Roon Settings -> Services -> Edit button next to Qobuz -> Streaming Quality. You can choose a lower max streaming quality there.

Hi Noris, I hvae uploaded the logs again. Adjusting the streaming quality isn’t really an option - the whole point of using Roon and investing in expensive playback equipment is to maximize sound quality otherwise I’d just use a Sonos.

Hi @Barry_Jones,

Thank you for your patience until I had a chance to review the new logs. Based on what I am seeing here, the buffers for Qobuz are not being filled up in time. I know we tried a few different things already:

• Changing the router
  • Changing DNS to Cloudflare/Google
  • Checking the behavior on “System Output”

What is left now is that this is either a ISP issue or a Core issue. My further suggestions would be as follows:

• Do you have a hotspot which you can temporarily use instead of your current ISP connection and connect the Core to that?

• If you don’t have a hotspot, would you be able to bring the Core to a family or friend’s house and verify if the same behavior occurs there? Or anywhere with a different network/ISP provider?

• If you have another PC, it would be useful to determine if the same behavior occurs there when hosting the Roon Core. You can temporarily host the Roon Core by first making a Backup of your Roon database then logging into Roon on the other PC and when asked weather to connect to an existing Core or new one, please choose “Use this PC”

1 Like

@Barry_Jones I’m afraid if you’re not in a Qobuz supported country, this is probably a factor for poor streaming reliability:

As noris said, please try another ISP.

Hi Noris, unfortunately there is only 1 ISP here in Abu Dhabi which is Etisalat. I think it is an ISP issue as this is a new core. My other computer had the same issue and in a different physical location. Let’s leave it as it is likely that I will be leaving the UAE in the near future so will see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Hi @Barry_Jones,

Thanks for letting me know, do let me know how it goes after you change ISPs, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.