Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
- Synology NAS DS918+, 8GB RAM, Volume 1 -> 3x 8TB HDD among others for music files,
Volume 2 -> 256GB SSD (Samsung SSD 860 PRO) for Roon core
- Roon version 1.7 (build 505)
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
- Core device (Synology NAS DS918+) and Audio output device (Auralic Aries G1)
are connected to the network via Ethernet
- Core and output are connected to a Netgear GS108E-300PES switch,
which is connected to the router FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- Maximum internet speed is 200 Mbit
- The remote device (iPad Air SW 12.4.3) is connected with the network via WiFi
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
- Auralic Aries G1, connected to the network via Ethernet
- DAC connected via USB
Description Of Issue
Very often (more than 50% of the trials) the streaming of Qobuz titles is delayed.
On the NAS network monitor you can see that the reception of the data are delayed.
The delay time is very different (from a few seconds until many minutes).
It is not possible to detect any rule regarding the chronological distribution of the delays.
Playing the same titles directly over the Auralic Aries G1 (without Roon) works fine!
Beside the Qobuz streaming issue Roon works fine (latest Roon build).
In the past (older Roon core builds) retrieving meta data were delayed also.
Unfortunately is this above described issue very annoying!
Using Roon together with Qobuz account makes no sense as long as this issue exists!
At the moment I’ve a bellyful of Roon! Hope you can fix this issue!