Qobuz streaming not working on Mac Mini

Hi, the log was taken 3 days ago. Systemdate is and was correct all the time.

Hi Knud,

What device / PC are you running roon remote on ?

MacBook Pro
IPhone 11
IPad Pro

As a suggestion, why don’t you install roon core on your Macbook Pro

log out of your Qobuz account and roon account on your Mac mini, and then log in with your roon id on your Macbook Pro and try Qobuz on core running on your Macbook

Which OS is your Mac mini running, and which OS is your MacBook Pro running ?

Will try to run roon core on the mac book over the weekend

Both, mac book and mac mini are on the latest and greatest Catalina 10.15.2

I assume you have the Qobuz App on your iPad Pro, and that functions without error ?

Does your Fritzbox 6490 have the latest firmware ?

Hi @KnudK,

Thanks for sending those logs over. I’m looking through them and I’m noticing that the connection to Qobuz’s servers time out, which suggests a networking issue.

At the timestamp you noted recently and the 4:13PM January 17th, it looks like you were playing to the NAD zone. Have you tried playing to “System Output” yet? Does that display the same behavior?

Yes, FRITZ Box is on the latest SW version.

Direct Qobuz App is running fine on all sources, iPad, iPhone, MacBook.

I‘ve already tried playing to a different zones. Libratone Zipp mini and system output. Same problems.

BR Knud

I rather think it is a sync issue between Core and Qobuz

K.

Hi Knud,

I sent you a message with something to try out

Best

Ed

Hi @KnudK,

In the logs it looks like parts of the network are dropping off by themselves.

If @Edward_Hsu1’s suggestion doesn’t pan out, do you by any chance have a consumer-grade router you can try using instead of the Fritzbox one?

You can set the Fritzbox in just modem mode and have a router facilitate the connection, and you can change the DNS in the new router as well.

Hi,
using my setup I discovered the following:
I pressed ‘play’ on this album and download immediately started with 7MB/s (blue grafik). So Connection to Roon via my Router is proven to be ok. Account to Qobuz ok.

The album did not starting to play. Only bouncing status bar

I waited 5-8 minutes in this stage and the song suddenly started. But the next song agin got stucked.

So, my conclusions are:

Fritzbox router is downloading the music, no router/internet problem correct?
Qobuz connection must be ok. Otherwise the download would not start, correct?

I now will try another core (MacBook) let’s see how this will behave

Next test is done without success:

• Installed Core on my MacBook, same unstable behavior
  • Used different Roon account (thanks Ed), same unstable behavior

Can you give us a screen shot of the audio zones which are available on your LAN ?

Have you tried selecting Mac Book built in speakers as the output zone ?

How long have you had the Blue OS interface card in your M32 ?

Do you have a USB DAC available to hook up to your Mac Mini or MacBook ?

1 Like

Hi @KnudK,

These test would rule out the Core and your Qobuz account. I believe your network is a factor into this issue and I would try to temporarily replace your current router with another one (preferably one which you can specify DNS servers on).

This is also a good test, you mentioned at the beginning of this thread that this occurs on multiple endpoints but didn’t confirm if it occurs on “System Output” as well.