Qobuz tracks stopped playing in Roon [Resolved - Replaced router]

Also…I can use Qobuz with no issues from the same pc.

And am using CloudFare DNS and have all firewalls able to freely pass Tidal and Qobuz.

Thanks,

Hi @TeeCelly2018,

Just to be clear, these are not widespread issues that we are seeing other customers reporting, and we have discussed with our QA team some of the other errors they’re seeing in the logs that point to networking problems. I’m not saying this to discount your report, or to say that there isn’t a bug here. What we can say for sure though is that something about your setup is causing different behavior than what we see elsewhere, and it is looking like the network might be the key to understanding this.

As Nuwriy suggested (which was suggested by our QA team), we’d be interested to understand if the same thing happens if you use Roon on a different Core machine or even if you tested briefly using a different network (even hotspot). This would be a great data point to help us further understand what we’re seeing here.

I hope this helps to clarify things.

Thanks!

1 Like

Just to illustrate not everyone is experiencing this issue, I stream from Tidal and Qobuz all day, every day using Roon with never a problem. I’m using AT&T U-Verse 50/12 internet, Roon Nucleus connected by ethernet, and mostly a Dell XPS 15 as control device, but also iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPad Mini 4. I have not messed with DNS settings.

I would guess problem is related to network or Windows 10, IDK. I’m in SE USA if that has anything to do with it.

Hi TeeCelly2018, I feel for ya, this is a real PITA. As Jim_F responded, I play alot of Qobuz music, most times all day long, granted I have a hiccup once in a while, but most days I play 10 hrs of music with no issues.

I’ve got a couple of suggestions, it sounds like your using your Win10 PC, when I started my Roon Trial, I initially put everything on my Win10 PC also, of which I also used all day long. Then after a few days I dug out an older unused Win10 mini pc and configured it to run my Roon Core, leaving it run by itself 24x7, both setups worked OK but the mini pc was never touched nor did it run anything else, at all, no auto backups, no antivirus scans, etc.

So my suggestion can you dig up an old PC or something to isolate Roon away from your daily workstation and leave it up 24x7.

As a test, since several of us Play Qobuz all day long, can you run a test where you goto the hamburger menu, choose Qobuz, then Queue, say 8 hrs of albums, and let it play, without you using the PC or browsing Roon or any engagement from you.

1 Like

I never had great success running Roon core on Windows 10, but some do. It was my daily driver, but very powerful i7, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, etc.

well that’s something, both Jim_F and I run Roon core on a separate machine and we both play Qobuz all day long.

Thank you everyone for the replies and suggestions.

Yes, it IS very frustrating!

The pc Roon server is running on is a brand new desktop with a 10th gen I5 cpu lots of ram and an ssd hard drive running Win10-updated and patched. It is hard wired to an Xfinity router. It is headless and dedicated to Roon only. No browsing or any other application is running…save for Splashtop if needed to manage it. I did change the DNS settings to Cloudfare accross all devices on my networks. Also…it is running on a subnet that is only used for the four Roon devices in the home. (its the default xfinity interior net-nothing special) All other devices are on a second router located elsewhere in the home.

I am able to play content freely from the Qobuz app on the same pc, or any other pc connected to the same network. And am freely able to peruse Qobuz content within the Roon app…albums, playlists, artist info, taste of Qobuz etc without any issue.

In Roon, Ive created several large playlists using the tagging feature of content from primarily Tidal and Qobuz, with some local content.

Playing one of the larger playlists while working. In the last 5 hours, the roon app attempted to play 32 tracks from Qobuz total, 11 played perfectly, 21 failed. When attempting to play a Qobuz hosted album, it will usually skip several tracks and perhaps play one from the middle of the list.

There are no network settings that Im aware of that would create such an intermittent failure. However, a wise man knows he doesnt know everything…so I will try moving the core to a different machine. That may suggest there is a setting somewhere that could be the culprit…any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks,

@dylan and @nuwriy,

Update: Suggesting another network apparently was the trick. I’ll admit it when Im wrong. :slight_smile:

Here’s what I found: (No Change to core pc, other than to add a wifi adaptor.)

Original network connection: wired ethernet to Xfinity router with 150mbs connection–lots if issues to connect to Qobuz as reported.

1-Wired ethernet to second network in home ( an Asus router connected to a 2nd xfinity 150mbs router) --No issues with playback with any service. (the wife on the other hand kept asking what the 100’ cable snaking through the house was, and when it would disappear)

2-2.5Ghz wifi signal to 2nd network–no issues until everyone started streaming/working. Started having songs drop-out in the middle of streaming “Tidal/Qobuz cannot retrieve stream”

3-2.5/5Ghz wifi signal to original network. Router is within 6 feet. Will play Qobuz content on demand…but have seen at least 3 or 4 instances when it skips to another song mid play in the last 24 hours. Both Tidal and Qobuz affected by this.

I will ask xfinity to replace this router as a first step, and leave I’ll leave further interpretation of these findings to you.

Thanks,

2 Likes

Wow, Congrats, we need to bookmark this thread, I see alot of people having Qobuz issues, hopefully support can use this as recommendations for others having trouble.

Now you need to go on a marathon listening session :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hello @TeeCelly2018, I’m glad we got a resolution here! Please let us know if you have any further issues, we’re happy to help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.