Qobuz tracks stopped playing in Roon [Resolved - Replaced router]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Dedicated desktop PC
Win10 i5-9500t, 16GB RAM 256GB HDD.
Roon server 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wired ethernet 100/1000 to Xfinity router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB to D30 DAC

Description Of Issue
Hello @Support

I have latest ver Roon server with 4 endpoints on a dedicated Win10 PC and network.

Qobuz tracks and albums will not play any longer. I can log in and view Qobuz splash page and view albums and tracks, but not play music from the service.

Every track from Qobuz will stall . Sometimes they may play after 5-10 minutes as part of a playlist. Most will not and eventually time out. Albums however, will not play at all.

I noticed this beginning on 7/22-7/23 and continues today.

All selections play fine in the Qobuz desktop app and/or a browser on same pc. So not service access related…nor likely network related.

It seems there are a number of other users with the same issue recently. It would be great to have a resolution.

Things I have tried:

Reboot.
restart Roon server
rebuild database
remove and rebuild cache
resync Tidal and Qobuz services
restart router
use different router

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @TeeCelly2018,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Also you noted that you’re having issues playing back from the app, do you mean from Qobuz app or Roon?

I bet your issue is with Qobuz, go to your Qobuz app/player, you’ll see some icons, Discover, MyQobuz, etc, the down arrow icon is Offline Library, go to that.
I’m using Win10 Qobuz app, each device you use will have different offline libraries, but on win10, I have Download Queue on the top right, go there and click Resume All.

What I believe is going on is that Qobuz downloads the music to improve network streaming, and something is wrong with your downloaded version. I’d Clear the Queue and start over.

Thank you for your suggestion George.

The web player for Qobuz does not appear to have those options, and the phone app app (which I rarely use) does not have any material cached.

As noted above, I have tried resetting Roon’s cache, but that does not help.

Thanks Again for the suggestion!

@Support Please.

Hello @TeeCelly2018, my apologies for the delay on this thread. Could you please reproduce this issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp (your local time) when you do? I’d like to enable diagnostics for your account and pass a report to our team for further investigation, thanks!

Hi Nuwriy,

Oddly, the issue seems to have corrected itself…at least for today. Qobuz tracks are playing normally as of this morning. The pc Roon core resides on was resumed from sleep with Roon already running, so no reboot or restart was involved.

I am more than willing to share whatever diagnostic information required to solve the puzzle for myself and others. Let me know what you need.

Thanks,

@nuwriy

Hi Nuwriy,

The issue began again this morning. (it is 11:10am US CST (GMT -6:00)) The first few Qobuz tracks wont play from the list.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks,

Hello @TeeCelly2018, I’ll enable diagnostics for your device now and pass the report on to our team, thanks for the timestamp!

Also have same issue, no Qobuz tracks will play. Restarting Roon may get a handful of tracks to play, then back to ‘seeking’ when a Qobuz track comes up on my playlist.

Nothing from @Support for 5 days now.

Hi @TeeCelly2018,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this happen with every single Qobuz track?

Does local content work okay?

Is there any change after a reboot of the Core machine?

Hi @dylan ,

I have a thread going on this issue. Maybe you can collaborate with Nuwriy?

Thanks,

Hi @nuwriy ,

What are next steps on this matter? Have you guys been able to get an idea what is happening?

The system continues to have sporadic dropouts of Qobuz tracks only. Not from Tidal or locally stored material.

Thanks,

Hello @TeeCelly2018, your report is with our QA team for further analysis currently. While we wait for them to complete their investigation, could you please try changing to google or cloudflare DNS?

Hi @nuwriy,

Ok…I was using Google DNS, but did update router and endpoints to CloudFlare DNS.

No change in behavior. Most Qobuz tracks will not play as of right now.

Thanks,

Hi there. Any updates?

This issue comes and goes. But has become a real pain.

I could use some answers.

Thanks,

Hello @TeeCelly2018,
Please accept our apologies for the delay here! I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our review queue. A member of our QA team should be reviewing this soon and providing feedback.

I’ve requested an update from the team and upped the priority in our tracker so I should be able to get back to you soon with an update. Thanks in advance for your patience!

1 Like

@nuwriy,

We are now a month into this and there has been no update or resolution.

I also noticed something else today. There are several tracks that show as “unavailable” in Roon…on both Tidal and Qobuz…but Does show as available -and plays just fine- on either party’s platform.

What the heck is that???

This is forcing me to look for alternative solutions.

Hello @TeeCelly2018, my apologies for the delay. I spoke to our team recently about this issue and I’d like to share their findings with you:

07/30 11:11:06 Warn: [streamingmediafile] in immediate read: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Sooloos.Media.StreamingMediaFileImpl._ReadImmediate(Int64 file_off, Byte[] buf, Int32 off, Int32 count)
07/30 11:11:06 Error: [cachingseekableurimediafile] while reading: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Sooloos.Media.StreamingMediaFileImpl._ReadImmediate(Int64 file_off, Byte[] buf, Int32 off, Int32 count)
   at Sooloos.Media.StreamingMediaFileImpl._Read(Int64 file_off, Byte[] buf, Int32 off, Int32 count)
   at Sooloos.Media.StreamingMediaFileImpl.Read(Int64 file_off, Byte[] buf, Int32 off, Int32 count)
   at Sooloos.Media.CachingSeekableUriMediaFile.ReadCallback(IntPtr userdata, IntPtr buf, IntPtr count, IntPtr& out_bytesread)
07/30 11:11:06 Error: [zoneplayer] Unexpected Failure While Opening Sound: https://streaming-std.qobuz.com/file?uid=1065615&eid=71525569&fmt=7&profile=raw&app_id=188245549&cid=699504&etsp=1596128797&hmac=OAywy56AcQ6YO4i7lHQwRb0M64E: System.Exception: Read failure: IoFailure
   at Sooloos.Audio.MediaDecoderAudioSignal.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 frames)
   at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.FormatDetectAudioSignal..ctor(IAudioSignal backing, Double sniff_seconds)
   at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.AudioSignalFactory.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Create>b__0(CallingThread cx)
07/30 11:11:06 Info: [Living Room] [zoneplayer]     Open Result (Playing):Result[Status=UnexpectedError]

This trace appears multiple times in the report I submitted and looks to be something that is blocking Qobuz IP’s from reaching you. We also noticed the following trace:

07/30 07:49:52 Trace: [push] restarting connection (Unable to read data from the transport    connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.)
07/30 07:49:52 Trace: [push] retrying connection in 14157ms

Our team recommends that you test your account on a different machine and network if possible and let us know if the issue persists. Could you please also try the Qobux web player and let me know if you see issues there? Thanks!

@nuwriy

These errors have nothing to do with my setup. ‘WSACancelBlockingCall’ is an error thrown because of incorrect parameters in the C# coding of the application. It is is the portion that received UDP stream packets.

Start a thread to receive a UDP message. If it receives the message, it sets an event. The main thread starts the thread and then waits up to five seconds for the event to be set. If the event isn’t set within that time, the main thread destroys the receiver that the thread is waiting on.

That’s definitely going to throw an exception.

If you wait to eliminate the exception, modify your ThreadProc

try
{
    // do stuff here
}
catch (SocketException) // or whatever the exception is that you're getting
{
}

I would suggest that you not include the m_mre.Set() call in a finally section. The main thread calls Reset on the event after the wait has completed, whether or not there is a timeout. If the thread calls Set in the finally, the the event’s state will be set if a timeout occurs, because the following happens:

main thread calls Reset()
main thread calls Close() on the client
ThreadProc calls Set() in the finally

I’ll leave the rest to you to fix the app so we call can get back to enjoying the music.

Thanks

references:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/31866793-8064-4bce-a1e7-8bde3b793505/why-im-getting-exception-a-blocking-operation-was-interrupted-by-a-call-to-wsacancelblockingcall?forum=csharpgeneral