Qobuz will not play thru Sonictransport core [Resolved - rebooted modem]

*Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Sonictransport i5, showing stable in version 1.7, build 610
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Cable internet–cat 6 wire from modem to switch and cat 6 to all devices

*Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Ultrarendu, latest software–USB to PS Audio Steller Gaincell preamp/DAC,
remote is either a Windows 10 laptop or Samsung phone
**Description Of Issue
All working well until build 610 update. Following the update, Qobuz would not play.
I have reupdated software and rebooted all devices numerous times. Also powered down each
device with and without USB and ethernet cables connected.
My SSD FLAC files play normally and I started a TIDAL subscription to see what would happen,
TIDAL plays fine.
I can import Qobuz albums and tracks to my library and queue. A selected track is recognized by the rendu and when selected, lyrics, images, links and other metadata react normally.
However, when play is selected the icon changes to the pause symbol and that’s all, no sound.
I have noted, when I switch my core to my lap top Qobuz will play normally.
I have reached out to the folks at Small Green Computer, they feel this is a ROON issue.
I’m a “Boomer”, in fact, the leading edge of the generation. My computer literacy may be a five on a scale of ten, maybe a little above average for my demographic. I usually suspect myself as the cause of these types of issues and try to return everything to default settings when trouble shooting.
If you require downloads, screenshots and Dropbox sharing, none which I’m competent at, please include instructions for “dummies”.
HELP.

Qobuz works fine for me with my sonicTransporter with the latest Roon build.

Sorry for the delayed response due to the long weekend, @Truman_Wilson.

So we can better understand what might be happening, can you try playing directly to System Output (i.e. the internal speakers) of one of your remote devices? Does Qobuz play okay to one of those devices?

dylan.
Thanks for contacting me. I was beginning to think I had failed to post properly.
Qobuz did play normally thru Roon using my lap top and lap top–USB to DAC.
In my original post I stated I had “updated and rebooted all components”. I came to
realize I had overlooked one, my modem/router. Did the modem reset and voila, back
to normal. My failure to do this sooner is due to low tech IQ, which is improving.
There was a time when I thought I was dealing with Black Magic and was considering looking
for a local coven of witches to see if they might have an effective incantation.
Its still a major mystery why every aspect of my network (wireless and ethernet) functioned
just fine except the Roon play function when streaming Qobuz thru an ethernet connection to
my sonic/transport. Also, since the problem seemed to be coincide with a Roon update I got
tunnel vision during trouble shooting.
Anyway, all’s well that ends well.
Cheers,
Truman

Hello @Truman_Wilson, I’m glad things are working again! Please let me know if you have any further issues, we’re happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.