Quality sound with Moon 280D

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacBooK Pro, 2013, OS 10.14.4

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Moon 280D + MIND2 Roon ready.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Roon connect to Moon 280D by ethernet. Music from Tidal.

Description Of Issue
Everything work fine but when I listen my music (Tidal) from Roon the quality of the sound is very bad compared to listening directly via the streamer MIND2. Same issue with USB connection. What’s wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Jean-Guy,

While you wait for help, could you post screenshots of your Signal Path for the Moon 280D via Roon Ready and USB?

Cheers, Greg

Hi Greg. I’m new in the Roon world, so I’m not sure what you mean by Signal Path. How and where I can see that. Here pics of

what I got.

Thank’s

There’s a link in my message above with more information.

If you play a track, you’ll see a coloured dot to the right of the track at the bottom centre of the screen. Tap (click) it and the Signal Path will show.

Cheers, Greg

Finally…here my Signal path…

Thank’s again.

Hello @Jean-Guy_Lambert1,

Click on the 280D device icon in the bottom right of the Roon app to open the “Volume Widget”, then click on the “Gears” icon to open the Zone Settings screen.

In the Zone Settings screen, turn the volume leveling option to “OFF”.

-John

if your using the moon through the ethernet with the mind 2 i would disable the moon usb zone.

Wow! Such a big difference. I’m a happy guy now. ThanK,s a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.