Question about expected ARC behavior with downloaded music…

Long version…

I’d like to be able to use ARC to load an Mp3 (128kps max) version of my music library onto my phone for offline listening away from home. My data plan is too limited to allow a lot of streaming and full rez files would quickly gobble up phone’s memory. However, ARC doesn’t offer “down converting” when downloading music files.

My current solution is to keep a duplicate copy of my local music collection in Mp3 format, then use iTunes to sync the Mp3 copies with my iPhone. This allows me to keep a copy of my entire music collection on my phone to suit any mood that strikes while I’m away from home. While this works, it would be nice not to have to use iTunes (not a fan, frankly).

I wondered if it would work if I added the Mp3 folder as Watched Folder in Roon, then downloaded the Mp3 collection to my phone via ARC, then remove the Mp3 folder from the Roon Watched Folder list to avoid unnecessary duplicate clutter in my Roon collection.

Which brings me to the nature of my question, ie - would removing the Mp3 folder from the Roon Watched Folder list affect the ability to listen to the Mp3s that were downloaded to my phone via ARC?