Question about metadata preference

I’m having trouble understanding the logic of the metadata preference settings in Roon. I used to have settings on library level to prefer file tags for some of the metadata and I wanted to revert it, in order to see what Roon would offer me on library level.

So I have re-set the settings like that

I click on Save and Roon seems to work for a period of time.

Now I would expect that all my albums have these settings and I can deviate from those on album level.

But if I look at a random album and check the metadata I see the following:

All settings but Release Date and Original Release Date are still set to “prefer file”. In addition to that the composition grouping is shown to prefer file (40 tracks 37 performances), while what is shown on the album view is the Roon information (40 tracks, 3 performances).

I just don’t understand the logic here… Isn’t this a bug? I have set the metadata preference to always prefer Roon and what I see ist a strange mix of Roon and File tag information displayed for my albums. I have not changed any metadata preference settings on album level.

@support: What am I doing wrong here? I have restarted Roon several times and did multiple rescans of my library with no success.