Question About ROCK Dual Boot Possible?

Just ordered a 10th gen NUC for ROCK, But I also need a new pc as well. I know the With ROCK its basically only works for roon, but I was wondering if its possible to create two partitions and run windows 10 one one and install ROCK on the same machine and run one at a time?

I guess you could try it but rock uses the whole ssd so it would need 2 different physical drives

I managed a rock install on a macmini with 2 drives but it needed external Ethernet dongle to work and could only boot rock from holding down option key at boot to select it.

Why don’t you just run Windows and Roon server on Windows?

Better than dual boot, how about ROCK and WIN10 as VMs?

Thats possible as well. I do use my desktop pc not to often but I still do need one on hand whenever I need it when i cant do something off my ipad. Was hoping I would be able to take advantage of the nuc as a dedicated roon device when im not using it was a pc most of the time. Ive heard ROCK is more stable and that is something I value as I do have issues with my current windows server but then again maybe this pc is old and a new i7 nuc should run better or good enough with roon core vs rock?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.