Question on Genre and style

In my library I selected a genre (example) Jazz, and as we are shuffling tracks, i am getting holiday (Christmas) songs. When the cd was ripped the genre is identified as Holiday, I looked at the style tag on the song and it has other items what look like Genre’s IE Jazz. Here are my questions

1. With the latest version of the software, Does anyone know if the style tag is added as the cd is imported or updated as the tool updates stuff about the tracks.
  2. How do I fix this so i do not get holiday music to be included. For example, Do simply remove the the meta data from the style tag at the file level to correct this?

thanks

Just a suggestion, but many of my Christmas albums are jazz. I presume you’re using the focus function to select the albums you want to play. If you set your focus for Jazz and Christmas, then click the Christmas focus box to eliminate Christmas albums. The screenshot shows what I mean.

I think this accomplishes what you want.

Roon adds Genre and Style tags to albums it identifies and uses them as the default metadata for imported albums. You can override that in settings telling Roon to only use your tag based metadata.

Thanks for your feedback. Greatly appreciated,.

When i rip the cd, I confirm the genre is correct. (dbpoweramp - flac)
For example a jazz artist that makes a holiday album will have Holiday as the genre.
Once the CD is imported into Roon, the style tag is created and then the Genre of Jazz is now identified. I am not interested in deselecting any focus tags or specifically using my the source genre as this disables other capabilities, I am looking for the correct way to correct the meta data, specifically (i think) the data created in the style tag by Roon.

Does anyone know if i can simply update the physical file meta tag and then the roon system and its database will adjust or is there another approach. I am concerned about corruption of meta data.

thanks

Roon can use both and dedupe them, but if you wanted to get rid of Roon’s style assignment you’d need to edit same in the album’s metadata within Roon. Not sure whether they’re editable though.