Question re DSD upsampling with Roon Nucleus and DAC8

I have version CPLD1081 and 2006be11 installed on my DAC8DSD. DSD via NUC ROCK up to 512 runs without problems. BUT all PCM files, i.e. not upconverted to DSD, now have a swapped left-right channel.And can it be that the sound quality after the firmware update is no longer quite as good with DSD128 as before? Have you also had such experiences?
I don’t think I would recommend it.

Add images

With version CPLD1081 and 2006be it’s worse than that. All DSD signals are now right-left channel reversed. The PCM signals are correct. Someone could have written this down. Downgrading to the original driver is not so easy. HELP! Is there already a better firmware?

i did the same dac8 dsd USB receiver firmware update – as i recall there is a setting in the amanero install program that allows the L-R channels to be reversed. so, just reinstall the update and toggle that setting.

Ok Thanks Ill try that.Let you know.

it has been a while since i did the upgrade …going back and checking, i see that in the amanero OEM_TOOL_117 you can select a CPLD_for_1081 version where the channels are swapped or not-swapped.

can’t remember which one i installed – i want to say not-swapped but am not 100% sure on that. so, if one reverses the channel then just use the other one.

example screenshot (select desired CPLD and firmware versions) :

Ok I have tried it. With CPLD_for_1081DSDSWAPPED and firmware_20066be11 it works without any problems. Thanks a lot for your help. I was already quite desperate.
THX aKnyght!!! You made my day.

1 Like