Question regarding device setup for a Denon AVC(/R)-X3700H receiver

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Macbook Pro, 13", 2019 running Big Sur

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

HDMI to 8k input

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

2x Teufel Ultima 40 passive speakers, 1x Teufel Ultima centre speaker

Description Of Issue

Hi all,

I was wondering what would be the optimum device settings for my Denon AVC(/R)-X3700H receiver, for which, although it is Roon-tested, there doesn’t seem to be a pre-set in the Roon device set-up settings.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @NOD,

Welcome to the forum!

I’m not seeing this device in the certified Roon-Tested category on our end, let me check with the team on this one!

If you are using hdmi connection, roon ready/tested aren’t relevent. Those are for network playback.

In settings -> audio you should see the hdmi adapter of your mac, not the avr. On windows it says Intel Display Audio. Don’t know what it says on mac.

Enable that and click on the gears for settings. Set exclusive on, no mqa support, dsd convert to pcm, volume limit fixed. In the advanced dropdown set mqa core decoder on. You can set volume leveling in the zone settings if desired.

You should then be good to go.

1 Like

Many thanks for your advice; all is working well now.

1 Like

Thanks for checking up on that. I have decided to pursue the wired option over Airplay for SQ reasons.

Many thanks again!