Queue does not show previous tracks played

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

2018 Mac Mini, Core i7, 32 GB RAM, wired network to switch / router, Roon core 1.6, Build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Router: Netgear WNDR3700, Switch: Netgear GS108

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Attached storage on above PC via USB3, mp3 / m4a audio, no flac or other lossless files in use

Audio setup:

• Mac mini, HDMI to Denon receiver
  • Sonos Connect, wired network to switch / router; RCA input to receiver
  • Sonos Play:5, Sonos mesh
  • Sonos Play:1 (L+R paired), Sonos mesh
  • Denon receiver (HDMI and AirPlay)
  • Sonos Play:5, AirPlay (grouped in app Play:5 configuration to allow for automatic port to Sonos Play:1)

Description Of Issue

Unable to scroll up to see previously queued items when using playlist either imported from iTunes or saved as Roon playlist. Previously played playlist items missing. Roon playback controls only allow forward controls, no previous controls available.

From Roon’s instructions, " “Scroll up to see previously queued items”

“Once a song has been played, it remains in the queue for the remainder of the session. If you want to see the music you’ve already played, you can scroll up the list to the beginning of the session.”

However, as stated above these controls are not viewable.

Hi @Bill_G,

Are the previous tracks playing to completion or have you skipped tracks? Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing in the queue when you scroll up?

Thanks!

Hi @dylan, thanks for the quick response! This occurs whether I skip tracks or let them play to completion. Attached is a screenshot.

Thanks for confirming that, @Bill_G.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which a track ends and doesn’t appear in history. Then respond here with that time and the track that finished, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

5/4/2019, All EDT:
9:16 am “The Promised Womb” / Dead Can Dance
9:21am “Ramon” / Laurie Anderson
9:23 am “Fake-Believe” / They Might Be Giants
9:28 am “Seasick of You” / Eleven

When trying to play other playlists with smaller track amounts I was able to see previously played playlist tracks in the queue; the amount of tracks used seems to be the only difference.

Hi Bill,

I believe that may be the issue. In your screenshot above, you have over 45,000 tracks to be played in the queue.

Although the queue is “non consuming”, meaning once played, the tracks remain in the queue, I think there’s a maximum number that the queue keeps. After that number, old tracks are deleted.

The 45,000 tracks might be above that number and therefore, played tracks are deleted immediately.

I could be wrong though. Maybe @dylan will be able to confirm.

Cheers, Greg

Hi @Bill_G,

As Greg mentioned above, the behavior you’re seeing here is stemming from the large number of tracks in the queue. There is a limit to the total number that can be displayed here and so that is why you cannot see history. If you clear the queue and start with a smaller subset of tracks, this should work for you.

Hi @dylan, thanks for the information. What’s the track number limit before the previously played tracks stop showing?

Hi @Bill_G,

The queue has a 5,000 track limit.

@dylan @Greg thanks again for your help and information. The playlist shown plays fine with the current queue, except for missing the previously played tracks. I don’t have playlists that are over ~24,000 tracks, plus a variety that fits the under 5,000 queue limit, so I’ll keep the display limit in mind. I’m assuming I’m not creating some instability within Roon by using playlists larger than 5,000 tracks, if so let me know. Otherwise you can close this. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.