Queue skips songs after build 154 update [Fixed in build 157]

I just noticed this and can confirm I’m having the same issue of skipping songs in a play queue and each time it’s done it, its been when the next song in the queue is of a different sample rate. It did it 2 times in the play queue I just made.

1 Like

This has been tracked down, and a fix is in QA.

We’ll update once we have a firm release plan worked out.

4 Likes

Great. Hopefully the fix is sooner rather than later as it really does making a queue playlist or radio difficult to use at the moment.

2 Likes

I’ve only been using Roon for a couple of months but am very impressed with the level of customer support from both Roon Support and the Roon Community.
Thanks for getting on this quickly and keep up the good work!

1 Like

It’s a great team for sure. I second that emotion!

I have exactly the same issue since Starting with Roon a few days ago. Core on Windows 10, iPad remote, Bryston BDP-2 audio source. Tested carefully several tracks and confirm that when tracks are queued, going either from track a to b or b to a with a different resolution, results in the track showing that it is about to start but just freezes. If however, there is another queued track below the one that it wont play, it will skip the unplayable one, remove it from the queue and play the following track.

I wondered if there are any people using this new version who are NOT having this problem?

I see a ticket has been started but until this issue is repaired it seems we can only trust playing a track one at a time.

Hopefully the fix is imminent so I can continue to use ROON as it is a really great concept and system.

[quote=“Howard_Ipp, post:26, topic:13097”]
I see a ticket has been started but until this issue is repaired it seems we can only trust playing a track one at a time.[/quote]
Or play all the same sample rate music… :slight_smile:

absolutely true!!:slight_smile:

Wonder if @Brian will have an update for us soon. Ready to play every song in my playlist!

We’re very close to a release that addresses this issue. As a general rule, we try not to release right before or during a weekend, so early next week is the target.

What, you don’t want to work all weekend answering questions? Come on @brian Release The Hounds! :joy:

Heh, more like we don’t want to ruin anyone’s parties or barbecues :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yea ere have been people very frustrated with upgrades stopping the music shortly before the quests are due to arrive :scream_cat:

I have the skipping queue song issue. Mac Pro, build 154, ethernet to PS Audio DSJ direct from computer through one ethernet switch only (amazing difference to USB!). Roon album display, sorted by date added.
Play a tune. Go to another album, select tune, and ‘play next’
Go to another album, select tune, then add to queue.
Go to another album, select tune, then add to queue. Hit back button to album view.
Previous tune gets skipped.
Caveats:
-If I add more than 3 ~ 5 tunes it seems to sort itself out
-If I ‘peek’ at the playlist, the tunes stick
-When adding a tune, notice time to next tune- drops time.
-More than 1 or 2 hours, sorts itself out more often than not.
-I can add the same tunes that were skipped and they will play as long as I don’t add another (not tune corruption).

Also noticed tunes stop when switching between PCM and DSD (frequently). Happens either way- PCM to DSD, DSD to PCM, but more on PCM to DSD. Play bar shows ‘pause’ symbol; progress indicator does not move. Cycling stop and start has no effect. Have to select tune again and ‘Play Now’.

Thrilled with Roon!

Happy to report back that the fix has definitely resolved my skipping issues! Very happy again!

3 Likes

A fix went live in Build 157! Happy listening!

-Eric

1 Like