RAM 8 GB
64-bit

5.45 TB internal hard drive
931 GB external hard drive
2 x 4.45 external hard drives

Roon plays for a few minutes then stops making sounds

iTunes plays fine & I don’t think I’ve changed any settings

Hello @Jack_Parks,

Can you please provide some more information here?

• What DAC are you making use of?
  • Is this behavior the same across all zones or just one zone?
  • Does Roon display any error messages?
  • Are you experiencing this issue with both Local and Streaming content or is it just one and not the other?

Thanks,
Noris

• What DAC are you making use of?
    my computer sound card useds RCA cables to my amplifier
  • Is this behavior the same across all zones or just one zone?
    I don’t have zones
  • Does Roon display any error messages?
    no - it acts like it is running
  • Are you experiencing this issue with both Local and Streaming content or is it just one and not the other?
    I don’t use streaming content all my music is on my hard drives

I did clean up my C: drive as it was too full - I am afraid I might have accidentally deleted a file roon needs? Also roon has closed down instead of backing up and I don’t know why?

when roon finally loads and starts it will play music for less than 3 minutes and then no more music
thanks,

Hello @Jack_Parks,

The issue could have been due to running out of free space on your C drive since that’s where Roon and the Database is located. What files exactly did you delete, have you touched the Roon database folder?

Do you have recent backups of Roon saved somewhere? I am wondering if it would be simpler to try and reinstall Roon and restore from a recent backup to see if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

just tried re-installing still stops playing

Hello @Jack_Parks,

Thanks for letting me know that reinstalling hasn’t helped. The next troubleshooting step here would be to enable diagnostics mode for your account but before I do this, I want to make sure we have the right info to analyze.

Can I kindly ask you to reproduce this issue once more and note the exact local time in you country (ex. 6:58PM) that the playback stops by itself? Once I have timestamps I can enable diagnostics and take a look for any issue around the timestamp you provide.

Thanks,
Noris

I am in the Pacific USA time zone, it’s 4:14 pm now. Last night after I reinstalled I listened to music to see that it was running and then switched the speakers to the tv while I was watching roon play. A few minutes later it was still playing then 7 or 8 minutes later it showed it was still playing but no music coming out.

My computer sound cards and everything still work great when I am playing you tube or my iTunes player.

I’ll be home in about an hour and check again.

I started roon at 5:38 PM Pacific time & at 6:07 it is still just spinning it’s wheel

So last night I started roon, it spun it’s wheel for almost an hour before I closed it and then tried to open roon again. The second time it opened right up. I left roon on, but not playing anything since I was going to watch a movie with my wife. When I got up this morning roon had stopped running. Roon stops running everytime it tries to back up. I restarted roon and left it on, but I had to go to work. I’ll see if is working right now when I get home this evening.

Hi @Jack_Parks,

Thanks for providing that timestamp. I can confirm that diagnostics from your machine have been received but I am not seeing any playback attempts at 6:07PM or signs of sluggish behavior in the logs. Was your system doing something else at the time the spinner popped up? It might be more useful to have a timestamp of when this issue is occurring with music playing.

Thanks,
Noris

I am talking about the little spinning icon that come on screen for a minute or less when you first start roon. Last night that went on for a long time, I stopped it by the task manager. then I tried starting roon again and it opened right up and played but I stopped it to watch a movie.

I was hoping that the extra long spinning was running a repair? I left roon on as it seemed to be working but I have not had a chance to listen to see if it was playing OK.

I usually leave my computer on with roon running so you can update my music etc. Everytime that it is scheduled for a back up it quits running. When I turn my screen on roon has been turned off by windows (by the way windows won’t update pretty much since I started using roon)

I will try to listen to roon again when I get home,

Hi @Jack_Parks,

I’m not sure what you are referring to, maybe you mean the Activity Spinner in the top right-hand corner?

If you are referring to something else please post a screenshot as I am a tad confused.

Thanks,
Noris

I am talking about the round icon that appears on the middle of my screen when I turn roon on, I get a quote and this icon that has squiggly lines that move like they are doing something on the right hand side and it is round on the left hand side then roon opens up to whatever roon screen I was on when I turned roon off.

Not the spinner on the top of the screen that runs when roon is adding to the library.image

What do you call what it is doing?

Hi @Jack_Parks,

Thanks for clarifying that for me. It is strange that I’m not seeing any strange behavior for the timestamp that you noted. Please let me know the next time that it occurs and I can see if there are any patterns for the issue.

Thanks,
Noris

I came home from work tonight and started roon about 5:54 pm & it’s been working perfect since then at 6:35

Hi @Jack_Parks,

I’m not sure what to make of your recent message. You mentioned the time that you started Roon and that it’s been working perfectly? Is 6:35 when the issue occurred or were you just letting me know that everything still seems fine after a while? Please clarify.

Thanks,
Noris