Radio France metadata service - FIP - France Musique - France Inter

This post is a continuation of several threads including FIP radios now with metadata - experimental and France Musique main and thematic channels - experimental metadata (these can be closed).

Update Oct 3th, 2020
- new more powerful cloud server allowing for more stations and bandwidth
- better handling of classical channels, in the form Composer / Interpret - Title of Work / Album when available
- better handling of Program Mode and Song Mode. Program title is displayed if no Song metadata is available.
- added France Inter (program mode only available)

Update Oct 26th, 2020
- added new France Musique Opéra station
- added BBC Radio 6 Music metadata on 128kbps MP3 stream

A total of 19 stations from Radio France (national public radio) are now available with metadata, exclusively for Roon users. There’s nothing to do but select the station in Live Radio and hit play. Make sure the default stream is the one at 193kHz rate.

The available stations are currently:

• FIP
  • FIP Rock
  • FIP Jazz
  • FIP Groove
  • FIP World
  • FIP Nouveautés
  • FIP Reggae
  • FIP Electro
  • France Musique
  • France Musique La Baroque
  • France Musique Classique Easy
  • France Musique Classique Plus
  • France Musique La Jazz
  • France Musique La contemporaine
  • France Musique Ocora (world)
  • France Musique Concerts Radio France
  • France Musique la BO (soundtracks)
  • France Musique Opéra
  • France Inter

FIP is our “Radio Paradise” in France, the programs are diverse and excellent. France Musique is mainly for classical.

In most cases Roon will be able to identify the track, artist, album, and provide clickable links to its database (for example : you hear a song you like, you can click on it and add it or the whole album to your library if you have a streaming service enable). For classical it doesn’t work so well but still you can see composer, interpret, and title of the work - but no clickable link…

Please report any trouble or request new metadata streams for Radio France here.

NB: this service is provided by a hobbyist of the community (me), and not by Roon. It is experimental and therefore can break anytime. The last two months of beta testing have nevertheless shown it is pretty robust.

8 Likes

What a star! Well done.

Thanks for doing this! FIP has become my first hand choice for radio. Being able to click my way to artist info and adding albums really helps me discover new music. Great work and generous server hosting, thanks again.

2 Likes

Great work! Would it be possible to add the French private channel RTL2?

France Musique recently published “Opéra” web radio stream (id station 409): https://www.francemusique.fr/radios-thematiques/opera
Rémi, possible to add and reference it ? Thank’s for your work, useful for Roon community.

In another quite different genre Radio France also provides metadata APIs (same format) for “Le Mouv” Web Radios, https://www.mouv.fr/stream-radios :

• Rap Français
  • 100% Mix
  • Classics
  • Kid’s N family
  • Rap US
  • RnB & Soul
  • Dancehall

Good catch!
I’ve just added France Musique Opéra to Roon’s internet radio directory, with exclusive home brewed metadata!
I had seen that Mouv and sister stations had APIs but will refrain to implement them for now, my tiny server is already processing 20 stations so for the sake of stability I will hold on adding more.

1 Like

Super, Merci …