Radio Stopping after a few hours and not attempting to restart

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Labs Nucleus+
Server Software: Version 1.6 (build 416) stable
Operating System: Version 1.0 (build 175) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hard Wired: Planet Unmanaged 1GB Switches (but happens on any switch)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian 218’s

Description Of Issue

After 2/3 hours the radio stops playing and does not attempt to restart until you press play. Surely it’s possible for the radio to auto retry?

1 Like

Hi @Martyn_Jepson1,

Does this always happen after 2/3 hours?

Does this only happen when you’re playing to the Meridian 218 device? If you play to other zones does the same stop occur?

Is there any error message in Roon when the stop happens?

1 Like

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for your response. I cannot put an exact time on it, but in general its after a few hours of playback.

I only have Meridian 218’s so not possible to test with other devices.

No error message, the radio play button just appears instead of the stop button.

Martyn

Hi @Martyn_Jepson1,

Does this behavior occur just for one radio station in particular or does it occur regardless of the station being played? Can you please try playing the same radio station to the Nucleus’ HDMI Output as a test and let me know if it stops as well?

You don’t need to have anything connected to the HDMI port, just enable it in Settings -> Audio and then let it run the same station in the background. Also, you mentioned your switch model but can you provide more info on the router used?

What do you use to control.the system?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.