Random stops of sound

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini fin 2014
MacOs Mojave 10.14.6
Processeur 2.6 GHz Intel core i5
RAM 8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
Roon Version 1.6 (build 416) stable (64 bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Router NetGear Orbi RBW 30 ethernet wired connection with core

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim DAC V-1 with USB connection

Description Of Issue

Hello,
I use Qobuz with a Sublime + account. I pilot this installation from a MacBook Pro WiFi. In recent weeks, I see random stops of sound. When the stops occurs, a message appears “No audio device found” or “Inactive audio device” and after a few minutes the situation is restored but it is necessary to restart the music.

Thank you for your reply

cordially

Hi @Alexandre_GARCIA,

As a test, can you try playing to System Output of the Core machine instead of the Naim? Do things work okay for System Output? Are all other Zones besides the Naim working okay or do you experience this for all Zones?

The problem occurs regardless of the zone. I then use the direct output of the MacBook Pro with a DAC iFi iDSD or the internal sound of the MacBook.

Hi @Alexandre_GARCIA,

Does this issue only happen when streaming Qobuz content? How often do you see these stoppages? Do you have any local library content that you can play for a bit of time and let us know if you observe the same issue? If you need some sample content to test for this behavior, you can find some media on the 2L Test Bench.

Hello,
The problem comes with the local library as with streaming on Qobuz. When the break occurs, there is only AppleTv as a device. The others reappear after a while.

cordially

Hi @Alexandre_GARCIA,

Do you by any chance have any active firewalls which could prevent Roon from working properly? Apps such as McAFee/Norton/Bullguard/Little Snitch? Seeing all the devices disappears except Airplay can be an indication that something is blocking Roon communication. I would also double check to make sure that Roon and RAATServer are allowed past your Mac Firewall, you can use these instructions to check.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.