Random tracks appeared in my library upon starting Roon for the first time

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

So I just switched over to Roon from Audirvana and outside of getting used to a new UI I enjoy the service. Being able to easily use PEQ was worth the switch alone. My issue though is that when I first started up Roon and connected my Tidal, Qobuz, and Local libraries they included a truly massive amount of music that I never added to my library on any service, it’s like they took every track from every album I’ve ever browsed and jammed it into my overall “tracks” list. It’s very rare for me to add an entire album to my favorites or library, I will almost always add individual tracks to cut down on clutter in my library, I would say 9 out of 10 complete albums in my library come from my local files. I don’t see any reason why Roon would take all of this other random music and throw it into my “tracks” list.

It’s a bit of a problem as when I listen I generally just toss my entire library on shuffle, but with an overwhelming majority of my library now filled with music I don’t want I was forced to go through tens of thousands of tracks to add why I actually wanted to a “favorites” list. If I navigate over to Tidal or Qobuz they will only have the actual tracks I added to my library in their respective services, but having to differentiate between the streaming services kind of negates a major advantage of Roon. Is there a way to set my “tracks” list to only include actual tracks I’ve added to my libraries on streaming services? Any explanation for this would be appreciated.

Hi @Jason_Barbere,

Thank you for your patience as we worked through the queue to reach your inquiry.

The team can pull automated diagnostic reports from your RoonServer install that should illuminate what content Roon is identifying and scanning as Library content. While it’s expected for the Tidal tab in Roon to include recommendations upon a fresh install, unless you had previously added this content to an extant profile within your Roon account, it shouldn’t be added to your library automatically.

In the meantime, you can try a full database refresh:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if Roon automatically adds new content again on a fresh database before restoring the backup

We’ll watch for your response. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.