Raspberry Pi 3 and 4 RoPieee XL audio click, pop, noise, clicks

Hello RoPieee authors.
Thanks for all your hard work for us Roonies!!

After 2-3 years of not using my lifetime Roon license, I was in “tinkering” mode and needed a change. Big surprise (good one) to see all that has happened in the eco-system!!
And a nice bonus with RoPieee - I always struggled to get DietPI stable with all “the extras” whenever I needed to upgrade the base OS.
Purchased brand new Pi4 with HiFiBerry Digi and also dusted off the Pi3. Flashed latest RoPieee and booted, sweeeet and easy install - awesome!

Launched fresh install of Roon.
Connected Pi4 to my Mutec MC-3+ - and music started flowing… ohhh yes… :partying_face:

Then… after a few moments pops, cracks, noise transient “old school scratched LP” mixed into my beautiful audio… :cry: :cry:

Then I began trying ANYTHING, Connect to Mutec using USB, SPDIF Coax, Optical, tried same on Pi3 (USB only), tried driving the Pi’s with battery packs, pulled out “interferring cables from nearby devices”, ripped out Ethernet (ground-problem??) to run on WiFi … tried e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g … still pops and cracks… more crying…

Last resort… flashed DietPI and enabled Roon Bridge & Roon Extensions.
No cracks, no pops, no “old scratched vinyl vintage feelings” to the music anymore - rock stable…

I really really wanted the RoPieee way of life… can you please have a look at what could be wrong? My Mutec is connected to a pair of Genelec studiomonitors that has the DAC build in. No way of trying other DAC’s.

Thanks again for your hard work to make our lifes easier!
/Ken

Hi Kenneth,

I was browsing the net for the issue I am having with my Pi4, its identical to yours. Did you find a solution to your problem? I too have tried everything - thinking the new Pi4 USB us less noisy.

Hi @Ghulam_Rahmatullah,

See the other thread.

I suggest you stick to one thread; providing support over 2 threads is not ideal :wink:

Thanks