Raspbery Pi 3 Model B+ (2018)

Works likes a charme, so far. Super thanks,

1 Like

Will there be an online update?

Yes. I’m in the middle of releasing stuff today, @Frank_Berens1 just got lucky :wink:

2 Likes

This is a cross-post of a question I posed in another thread. Hope that doesn’t make anyone mad…

If one say, shops on Amazon, there are many RPi vendors. Anyone know, are they manufacturing their own versions, or just reselling the official one? Is any one any different or better than another?

The 5V/3A power supply I plan to buy is Allo’s. Anyone recommend another one?

Much Thanx!

AFAIK they are selling the official one, otherwise there not allowed to promote it as Raspberry Pi.

1 Like

So I’ve been using several Pis around the house, and just configured a couple days ago the official LCD as a control display. Works great. I also recently bought the Navolabs PoE hat. I’m thinking to myself, humm you think this will provide enough juice to power the Pi, LCD and a wireless dongle?

Well this morning I’m finding out. Put everything together, rebooted and shazam! It’s working - at least for now. I noticed that every chip on the PoE hat is getting pretty hot. No failures yet, but I did add a small HS to what seemed the hottest chip. It’s been playing now for about 20 minutes with out issue.

Question is… Is there going to be an ultimate meltdown, and possibly destroy my hat and the Pi potentially putting way more voltage into everything? I haven’t looked close enough to the specs of the PoE hat, but the heat is making me wonder a little. Anyone else using this arrangement and experiencing any issues?

I just checked the temps on all chips and they’re all over 110 degrees F. Ouch! Wonder if she’ll hold.