Raspbery Pi and IQAudIO boards

I’ve used the pi-amp with dali zensor 3s to good effect. I believe if you use the 19volt power supply it will go up to 30 watts per channel. 15 volt is about 20 watts I think.

Err, this is IQaudio DAC / DigiAMP support only. It’s not a generic Raspberry Pi solution but one targeted at IQaudio products.

Gordon

QAcoustic 3020 or 2010i sound brilliant with the Pi-DigiAMP or Pi-DAC/Pi-AMP Combos.

1 Like

No problem, guess I was reading too quickly…

I see that there is a zip file with the tantalising name IQRoon_RC2 on the IQaudIO download site… Any chance of some guidance on how to install it on a RPi2 + Pi-DAC+ combo? My Pi-DAC+ should arrive next week, and I’m itching to try it out as a Roon endpoint, even if it is still at RC stage…

Cat out the bag :slightly_smiling:

Take that zip file, unzip to img file.
Write img file to micro sd card.
Place Sd card in Pi
Power on.
Pi/IQaudio will appear as Roon Ready network player.

This is ethernet only

PiDAC+ and HQP… wow!

1 Like

Thanks Gordon! Pity it’s ethernet only. I hope that the release version will be WiFi as well. That’s what I’ll need to feed my Quad 44 pre-amp…

1 Like

Just received my RPi2 and @Gordon_Garrity just shipped my Pi-DAC+. I’ve downloaded the Roon Image and I’m hard wired Ethernet.

I’m getting excited.

Cheers, Greg

I’m at exactly the same point!

22 posts were split to a new topic: DAC+ as an HQP NAA

Is anyone aware of any professional-looking cases for the RPi2 with enough space for a DAC?

Something like this: https://www.hifiberry.com/product-category/cases/ ?

Yes, that’s decent. I got a really good one off of eBay, but while it has a door for the expansion port, putting a DAC on top would totally ruin the look. Looks pretty nice for $12:

But I guess we need to use plastic cases with the new RPi3 for wireless to work.

1 Like

That case looks a lot more protective than my plastic one.

rpi3???!!

It’s built like a tank. Very impressive considering the price. Here it is on eBay.

And here’s the new RPi3!

1 Like

Cool. I might as well as waited, my Pi2 never really got off the ground…

Any word on whether they’ve separated the USB and Ethernet buses?

From reading Slashdot articles it appears they haven’t. The Ethernet and all four USB ports share a global throughput limit of 480 Mbps rather than having a separate limit each.

24 posts were split to a new topic: IQAudio Raspberry Pi not showing up in Roon

Does it work with the built-in audio jack as well? I have a Pi that I’d like to do some testing with.