Raspbery Pi and IQAudIO boards

you could try Dietpi. Many here including myself are using it to great effect and the support is great.

Thanks @Tony_Reimann I was just reading about DietPi and plan to try that tomorrow. Seems quite simple, my core is running on a re-purposed laptop running Linux so I already know how to do the roonbridge linux install.

even there you will be surprised - just mark it, and it will install. You will not look back. I updated my three diet-pi’s yesterday, it was a breeze.

Yep, you really don’t have to install anything, just select what you want from the menus and it is all done for you.

Hi, ssh is blocked. For WiFi just follow the README instructions on the PC readable boot partition. Case looks cool.

USB - no, sorry.

Gordon

Thanks everyone. I just finished installing DietPi and RoonBridge…best of both worlds, and was dead simple. Now I can play with both the IQAudio DAC and my Oppo…interesting to see how they compare.

Roon remembers the RoonReady line art for the DAC (for now at least).

I have a PiDac+ with a Raspberry Pi 3 Model 3 both of them were purchased from IQAudIO. I have not been able to make the WiFi work. I’ve used two different routers (i) Apple Time Capsule 2TB (ii) Pace Model 5268AC (from ATT Uverse). My wpa_supplicant.conf file looks like this:

country=US
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
ssid=ATTaBC
psk=passXyz
proto=RSN
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
pairwise=CCMP
auth_alg=OPEN
}

(SSID and password are fictional)

The cards work well with ethernet cable through both routers.

Any thoughts, feedback would be appreciated. I really need to make WiFi work for a larger setup would need to do.

I used several iqaudio cards with dietpi and wifi no issues at all, also use with volumio and roon bridge installed too also works fine

Thank you for your reply. Do you see any issue with my wpa_supplicant.conf file?

Hi Gordon,

Any time you are going to continue with the metal enclosure?
Can we expect something this year?

1 Like

Was wondering the exact same thing!

and me, but I have given up waiting!

Hi,

Hopefully you have solved this by now…

If not, this is how I did it.

• Make sure you have brackets (") around your network name and your password.
  • Make sure you don’t have the .txt suffix at the end of the wpa-supplicant.conf filename
  • Raspberry Pi will only operate on the 2.4 GHz band - not the 5 GHz
  • It is probably not important, but I kept the “country=GB” line, even if my country code is different

It works well in my setup.

Good luck!

If only we can use such set-up on patio thanks to new PoE standard :frowning_face: