Raspbery Pi and IQAudIO boards

Does it work with the built-in audio jack as well? I have a Pi that I’d like to do some testing with.

The IQAudio build is just for IQAudio products. We are planning to release the stuff you’ll need to use the built-in audio jack with 1.2–it makes a lot more sense for us to be supporting that than IQAudio.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Roon and HiFiBerry

Well you need to support both of course! I love my IQAudio Dac+ via Roon

Is is possible to use the USB out on a Raspberry Pi to send audio to a USB DAC under Roon? Is this planned for 1.2?

Yes, planned for 1.2

It’s a good news. A $35 RoonReady network player is a game changer.
Are you going to support WiFi dongle on Raspberry Pi release?

…and the built-in WiFi of the RPi3?

Our images will support WiFi, and the kernel on those images will have many WiFi drivers. We do not have every WiFi interface on earth in house for testing, so I’m sure we will be picking up stragglers in future updates–in the Linux world, supporting for this kind of stuff is sometimes a one-by-one endeavor.

We have a couple of Pi3’s on order…we’ll support them as soon as they arrive. We might support them by accident before they arrive. Hard to say for sure until we lay hands on them.

http://www.abacus-electronics.de/146-0-Preamp+14.html

I have this preamp incl. Raspberry en IQdac.

Beekhuyzen and Raspberry Roon endpoint, informative video.

1 Like

Just received my IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ and the smoked case, to go with my Pi 2. I put it together and am using IQRoon_RC3 image.

It was amazingly easy to put together and get it running. Roon sees it right away and works great.

Cheers, Greg

3 Likes

@Gordon_Garrity or @brian will your respective software solutions for the endpoint provide an Airplay target as well as the RAAT support? Right now I’m stuck using Volumio as I have a house full of Apple devices and the best WAF is iPhone / iPad playing to an Airplay target.

Of course this requirement probably goes away with the future release of a Roon client for smartphones…

Try Picoreplayer @Warren_Hughes. Roon sees it as a squeezebox and it also incorporates shareplay which apple devices see like airplay. Its automatic switching as well which is great.

I can play any service directly from my macbook pro now.

Thanks @Wayne_Bull1 will take a look

Hello All-

I specifically purchased a Raspberry Pi and IQAudio DAC+ to use with Roon and RAAT.

I have the Pi and DAC assembled and the latest IQAudio Distro installed (I actually tried version 2 and 3 of the SD image).

The Pi is booted and has a pingable IP on my network.

Unfortunately, it does not show up in Roon.

Can someone give me some pointers or troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks

mattbar1

1 Like

From reading the forums, I tried updating the firmware using Raspbian. Firmware has been updated. But still not detectable in Roon.

Let’s drop flags for @Gordon_Garrity and @mike. One of them should get you going !

mattbar1

Is it a Pi3 you have, are you trying to use wifi and can you connect it up to a monitor temporarily?

I have a Pi3, Dac and RC3 image from IQaudIO as you and it works perfectly when using a wired connection. However if I try and use wifi no go. When using wifi only, if I connect it to a screen I can see that the Pi3 boots Ok and I get to a raspberry Pi prompt and then immediately after a host of error messages come up relating to RAAT and protocol errors. These then stop it from being seen by Roon. Reboot it with an ethernet connection and all is well again.

So there is something wrong with the RAAT implementation when using wifi and that’ll be for Gordon to look at.

Paul

Thank you!