Re-enabling Sonore MicroRendu After Software Upgrade to 2.8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Description Of Issue
Cannot re-enable MicroRendu after inserting new 2.8 upgrade SD.

Have inserted new SD for software upgrade to V2.8. When I go to re-enable on Roon - Settings - Audio I cannot see any sign of MicroRendu device or re-enable button.

If Roon cannot see it after the update I have to wonder if Roon-Ready is no longer enabled. Do you know how to get into the GUI to check?

Thanks for rapid response. I have solved that problem by going into SonicOrbiter - Settings - Roon Ready - Save. Room now sees the device. HOWEVER, now I can’t adjust volume remotely. Roon says ‘Volume level is fixed’. Any thoughts?

It’s been a while since I had a microRendu. Seems to me that either the Roon device settings are set to fixed or there was a setting in the mR that has a fixed volume. I just forget if it’s in the mR or in Roon.

Thanks again for response. On Roon I have selected ‘Device Volume’. When I go to set Volume Limits (all at Zero) I cant make any adjustments. Wonder if that is relevant?

Sorry, you need someone smarter than me. I thought that there was something in the microRendu set up in their GUI. Maybe I forgot that part.

Not at all. You prompted me to revisit the Sonicorbiter Management and I had to reset volume control to software which did the trick. Thanks!

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.