Re-identify function will not complete and continues to run non stop

See below - originally posted to “metadata” - process will not complete, restarting core didn’t stop it

============

Downloaded a 24x192 CSNY Deja Vu album from HDtracks - Roon automatically identifies it OK but associates no lyrics with any of the tracks. The 24x192 Vinyl Rip of the same album, same name, same metadata, etc as far as I can see for both albums. I just reference the release notes and tries the Re-Identify function on this album using the edit function. I has been “re-identify” for 15 minutes, without results with Roon saying it is “Adding Music to Library, of 10 tracks, 10 added, 0 identified”. I guess I’m just going to shut down and restart Roon and see if this clears this up. I have noticed that many of the duplicates albums I have gotten from HDtracks are automatically identified by Roon but have no lyrics while the Vinyl rips of the same album with the same track sequence and track name do have lyrics. Can anyone help me with this issue or is it a waste of time?

Restarted Roon and it is still doing this reidentify stuff, but appears to be off the rails, there are only 10 tracks for the album I asked it to reidentify

@Alfred_Linthicum I seem to be having exactly the same problem. I wonder if the issue is at the Roon end…

Could be, the re-identify finally stopped (at least the indicator went away). My guess is it isn’t really specific to the album, but is pulling down a complete revision for the entire library. If not, there is definitely a problem because there is no way it should take this long. On the album lyrics - I have no idea, which is why I posted to the forum. Roon has nothing anywhere that I can see that gives you any options about the song/track lyrics.

Same issue here as well… Restarted client / Restarted Roon Server. Circle spinning for 2 hours. paging @support

Mine finally stopped after about an hour or more- makes me wonder if it is downloading metadata updates for the entire library instead of just the album I asked for.

55 minutes and still spinning circle.

Yeah, me too, on Tidal.

Mine has finally completed

I have the issue, since this afternoon, still spinning…

Mine finally finished. Just over 2 hours.

Major issue for me too. Looks like I picked a bad day to move a large chunk of library from NAS to an External hard disk. Not only is Roon re analysing every file (no need for it to do that at all), I have had the spinning circle for over 8 hours with just over 1000 tracks identified out of 58000+ added…
The odd thing is, the library all looks OK and complete and I can play/view all of the transferred files. They all have analysis and show the correct new path, so no idea what Roon is up to.
ROCK has been restarted twice, just carries on from where it left off.

Having the same issue, added 2 albums over 6 hours ago, and still got the spinning circle. Have rebooted everything still the same.

Presumably there will be something interesting/unusual in the logs if anyone cares to take a look at theirs?

I added some music last night to my hard drive and the circle kept spinning non-stop. It’s been around 24 hours, so I thought maybe I messed with the folders somehow, so I started to rebuild the Roon library from scratch. I have 40k tracks. Let’s see if this spinning circle stops once it’s finished building from scratch again.

Not sure of the reason. I even have Background Audio Analysis turned off. Never happened in the past.

So I added a few more albums this evening, manually refreshing NAS storage, and the scan was normal and took just a minute or two.

The circle still keeps spinning. When I click on it, this is what I see. The number 1065 hasn’t changed.

10 AM

I get up this morning and start Roon with some trepidation…It has managed to finish background audio analysis overnight as expected but is still re-identifying tracks at a rate of just under 1000/hour.

I also have this problem. “Adding music to library: Of 197 tracks, 197 added, 0 identified”
I added som albums from Tidal yesterday and the problem has been going on since then.

Would be nice if someone from Roon could look into this.

Something is up, guys, Roon devs have been notified and are looking into this.

Now it seem to be working good, not perfect because Roon needed many seconds to add an album from Tidal into the library but it seem to work without the spinning circle.