Re-Selling my Life time license

Hi Roon-Support,

not sure if this is the right forum.
Am I allowed to re-sell my life time license?

BR
Oliver

1 Like

Here’s the Terms & Conditions:

I guess not:

1.1 Subject to the terms and conditions of this License you are hereby granted a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Roon Software and the Documentation on the terms of this License.

Though as anyone who has ever worked in software will tell you, the enforceability of this kind of thing, especially in consumer software, is pretty durn low. While I’d never encourage breaking terms of service, I also bet you wouldn’t be the first or the last. Given the support model, the buyer would likely not be taking a terrible risk. But you’ll pry my lifetime license out of my fingers only with a crowbar.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t the person you sold it to have to use your email address and name? I suppose you could try and update all those things after the fact. I don’t think I could handle seeing “Hi, George” every time I opened Roon, since my name isn’t George. :blush:

1 Like

:wink: Well…I can try to sell it it to another Oliver…But the more I think about it…I would have a bad conscience to sell such a piece of software to someone… Could generate a lot of trouble…and this is not worth the money.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.