Recently Played screen info?

Some albums have a play button and some don’t. Why?

I didn’t see any mention of the new Recently Played feature in the Knowledge Base. Is there somewhere that explains the features and symbols used on the Recently Played screen?

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

The icons with play buttons are individual tracks. They can come as a single track off an album or as a single Roon recognizes.
There are singles that Roon doesn’t apparently have in their database that don’t have the play icon. I see these with singles I’ve gotten from BandCamp and Roon did not recognize them.
Albums and EPs that have the CD text on them and may have other format information.
Playlists have the name of the playlist and the number of tracks in the playlist below them.
If you select an Artist and hit “Play Now”, there will be a picture of the Artist and their name below it.
There may be other ones, but that’s what I’ve got in my Library.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. :+1:

It would be nice if when new features are introduced Roon would include more info about how it works and what icons mean.

1 Like

The pictures for Tracks, Albums, Artists, Compositions, etc have been in use for years. You really only ever saw them if you tagged the different types, like this pic from a couple years ago. Having a play button on the center of the Track pic is new though.

1 Like