Recently Played section doesn’t show tracks added to play queue - why?

Roon Core Machine

ROON ROCK OS 1.0 (Build 227), NUC10i7FN ROON v1.8 (Build 952)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NBN 100Mb/s Netgear Orbi, Wired Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Naim NDX2

Number of Tracks in Library

37804 Tracks

Description of Issue

If I’m not listening to a particular album I select a track and then add tracks inspired by it to the play queue. The “Recently Played” section only counts the first track and doesn’t add anything else till the queue is finished and I select a new track to play as part of a new queue.

This seems weird as this means the recently played list is not, in fact, a record of the recently played tracks.

Last year, a user @Mike_Ormerod asked about this (link below) and was told this was “expected behaviour” but the topic was closed before he found out why it is to be expected.

This behaviour is bizarre to my mind and doesn’t allow me to keep track of all the songs I have played or how often.

I would really like it to record my playback history accurately. What is the logic behind it being this infuriating?

Recent Activity: Played only lists tracks etc which you have initiated the playback directly, as in Play Now actions. Items played from a built Q will not show. If you play a playlist, the action of initiating the playlist will appear, but, the individual played tracks on the playlist will not. Same for Roon Radio.

The place to look for what you have played is History. Note that history does not track Internet Radio nor Roon Radio choices.

As to why that choice was made, I don’t know. Just relaying what is. If you want to pitch a change, I would suggest posting in Feature Suggestions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.