Recommend me some headphones

Ok these sound interesting, will hunt some out to listen to.

Beyerdynamic is about to launch ANC headphones, Lagoon. You may want to check it out as well.

PXC 450 oldies but goodies , dont quite match the bose 25 on SQ but as good for noise

used em in an open plan office for years with great success

Mike

No expert on cans by any means, but I listened to a pair of these the other day and was very impressed. They are really top notch as ‘on-the-go’ headphones.

There is a H9i now too but is marginally over your budget.

Great guys keep it coming, Racking up a big list to try out.

I’m a huge fan of Sennheiser and own HD800s, HD-1s and IE800s. Mostly I listen to them on an Onkyo DP-X1A. The HD800s are, hands down, my favourites, but they’re not exactly portable.

Recently I got curious about Nura Headphones. They are definitely a different beast and probably not for everyone, but I enjoy them. Extra cables are optional and a tad pricey though.

Or cheap but they do do a very good job. Certainly on my wish list if I have to use HP’s as a major part of my listening

Although the b&w sounded good, I ultimately preferred the sound of the Sony and felt the b&w had just a bit too much clamping force to the point if being uncomfortable. Also have a pair of b&o wired h6, really nice headphones, so you should try those.

Another mention for the Sony WH1000. They have a pressure equalization function built in to them that makes a big difference to me on flights. You can readjust at different altitudes. Sound quality adapts to with or without my glasses, according to change in fit. Real audible differences.

1 Like