Recommended Albums Missing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

For some reason, I do not get a list of other recommended albums anymore on my device screen when listening to Qobuz through Roon. Has this feature in Roon been deleted on the latest upgrade? I like looking at the recommended album list. I am using a Dell tablet with Windows 10 as my core and everything else seems to be in order with Roon. Thanks.

Hi @Respe,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any change after you reboot the Core machine?

Is Qobuz working okay in Roon outside of this?

I have a Dell Venue 5830 Pro, Windows 10 32 bit, Intel Atom 1.33 GHz, 2.0 GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics as my core connected wirelessly to wifi. This is the only device I am using to listen to Roon. I have started this device numerous times without any change in graphics. Qobuz works fine outside of Roon and in fact shows its own suggested albums. Roon’s recommended albums were on the left hand side of my screen just last week so something different happened. Thanks.

I meant to say right hand side of the screen not left hand side where the album suggestions used to appear.

Your core is way under spec hardware wise.and connected by WiFi is likely not going to be ideal.
atom cpu, 2gb ram not a good base in my opinion

Hi @Respe,

As @wizardofoz mentioned, this device falls below our requirements. Also, as noted in our Networking Guide, we recommend using an Ethernet connection for your Core whenever possible. Can you try using an Ethernet connection and then rebooting and let us know if it helps?

What difference should this make? This is a graphics problem with Roon. Otherwise, Roon works fine in terms if all of its other aspects—I get no drop outs and see all the other visible information on the screen. Further, I used to get the “recommended albums” feature on this core computer tablet just last week so there should be no reason as to my set up why I can’t now unless your recent update messed things up as to graphics. I have no intention of hooking up a wire to my tablet and would rather forgo the “recommended albums” graphic than change my core, as the tablet is much more convenient for me. Thanks.

Hi @Respe,

The recommended albums feature is powered by our online services and if there are any issues connecting to our servers the recommended albums might not appear. If possible, connecting via Ethernet and then rebooting would be a good test so we could see how things perform in that configuration. You don’t have to use that configuration permanently if you do not wish to, but it would be a helpful test in understanding where the issue is stemming from.

I changed my core to my new desk top computer with an Ethernet connection (200 mgbs) and restarted the computer. The “recommended albums” feature also failed to appear on the right hand side of the screen with this configuration. Everything else looked and worked fine. Any other ideas to get “recommended albums” back? Thanks.

Thanks for giving that a test, @Respe.

When you go to Settings > Services > Qobuz when does the last sync time show?

Are you able to see New Releases For You on the Overview screen?

I reloaded Roon from scratch on my tablet as a core to see if that would help but it did not. Still no “Recommended Albums”. As to “New Releases for You” that does not show up on the Overview Screen just “Grand Selection” “Top Albums” and “Recommended Playlists.” Thanks.

Hi @Respe,

It sounds like something is preventing your devices from reaching our servers to receive this data. This could be networking related or it could be something else on the Core machine blocking the connection.

If you go to Settings > Account does the page load?

Is there any change if you disable any firewall or antivirus running on the machine temporarily?

The Account Page loads. When I press “Your Roon Account” I am transferred to my web browser to my sign in page where I can sign in and see my account.

I turned off my firewall and real time scanning in McAfee and that did nothing to change the situation.

Perhaps there is something wrong on your end, especially since I used to get this information on the same devices prior to your latest update. I don’t believe I modified anything on my devices to change anything that would cause a difference other than accept naturally occurring Windows updates.

Thanks.

Hi @Respe,

Thanks for giving that a try.

It’s hard to say for sure if this is related to an update on our end just yet. While I understand there was a recent update around the time that this occurred, this is not an issue that we are seeing widespread reports of, which means there is something specific about your setup that is different. I don’t say this to discount your report — There might be an issue related to the update, but we need to understand what about your setup is triggering the issue.

I’d like to propose a test that should help us understand a bit better — Do you have another machine on your network that you could temporarily use as your Core? If so, does the same behavior occur?

You forgot I already did this two days ago (see note above). I used my new desktop computer as the core with ethernet connectivity of 200mgbs and still did not get the “recommended albums” feature on the Roon screen of the desktop. Thanks.

Hi @Respe — Please accept my sincere apologies here - I mixed up your report with a similar report where that test had not been done.

To recap what we’ve done so far:

• Used a new machine with an Ethernet connection and received the same issue
  • New Releases For You also does not show up
  • Your account page does load properly
  • No change after disabling the firewall and antivirus

Can you provide some details on the other PC that you tried? Are the specs any different than the machine you originally used?

The account page does appear to be fine (See my comment above 3/16). The rest as you stated above as a recap is accurate.

The other PC where I loaded Roon as the core is: Dell Inspiron 3670, Intel Core i5 8400 CPU @2.80 GHz, RAM 12Gb, Windows 10, 64 bit. Much different specs.

Thanks.

Thanks, @Respe.

Moving forward, I’m going to enable diagnostics on your account so we can take a closer look. Here’s what i’m hoping you can do first:

1. Reboot the Core machine
  2. Open Roon
  3. Open an album — Make a note of the time you do so and what album you’re opening
  4. Open Overview — Make a note of the time you do so

Respond here with the two times from above and I’ll enable diagnostics to take a look at those instances. Our team might be able to see more information about why the recommendation features aren’t loading.

James Taylor-Mud Slide Slim 96/24 4:10pm Eastern time.

Overview -4:11pm

Thanks.

Thanks, @Respe.

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.