Recordings of steam engines

Where do I find those recordings?

1 Like

Here’s one I found browsing the issue of Gramophone that came out the month and year of my birth. Apparently back then listeners wanted to be crushed into quivering and ecstatic pulp.

1 Like

Brad Miller, of Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL) fame. Hence, the “Mobile” name – that is how he got started. The audiophile masterings, gold CDs, and SACDs came later.

I highly doubt that Kuryan intended such a double meaning. But he clattered right into it.

AJ

Toot, toot!

1 Like

Well, you know, the old steam engines sound so much better than these new-fangled diesel-electric things. And don’t get me started on the all-electric locomotives!

1 Like

No doubt using a real steam locomotive…

1 Like

Here’s one I have in my library (non-streaming)…

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.14.33 PM

Surprisingly, I see it is in Qobuz.

1 Like

It’s on Tidal in aac listening now, thanks. Love the thunder and rain. I see pink Floyd took an influence for Time here :joy:

Opps… I mentioned a format…

1 Like

Libraries are fully supported, who ever said different? As for streaming, where else would I get to sample this album, even if it’s only AAC? We won’t find it in the shops, even if they were open.
Streaming is the future and the present but local libraries will ALWAYS be valid and important.

2 Likes

I need to work on my reading comprehension, comment withdrawn.

1 Like

I like track 24…

1 Like