Recurring drop-outs 1-2 seconds while streaming

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 7 i5 DNHE
2.6 GHz
16 GB ram
Ethernet short patch cable directly into router
Roon Rock 10.0.1.2

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Telco modem in bridge mode (router disabled)
Apple AirPort Extreme (running most current firmware)
Ethernet to Coax adapter (Hirschmann)
Coax to ethernet adapter (Hirschmann)
Uptone Audio Ether-Regen

Then digital source

Connected Audio Devices

SoTM SMS-200 Ultra Neo
USB cable
Denafrips Pontus 2

Number of Tracks in Library

<1000 tracks in library

Description of Issue

The issue is that while streaming (Tidal, Radio Paradise), the stream cuts out for 1-2 seconds. This happens at least once every hour, possibly more frequently but it’s random. I noticed the time of a recent occurrence which was at 12:26 EST today (Feb 19th). Occasionally this is also coupled with a current track being interrupted an auto-advancing to the next track (even though it’s only partially played). When it skips, it doesn’t “pause” the track, but it picks up where it would be if the track had been playing the whole time).

The signal path is fairly simple in this case - it only seems to happen on my SoTM zone and not using my other zone (Apple AirPort Express). I do not group the zones.

I have taken the Uptone Audio switch out of the chain and the problem persists. I have also swapped out the DAC and can confirm it is not the DAC either.

This setup performed flawlessly through most of last year and late last year (around the time of the last major update) it started to have issues.

1 Like

Roon support can you help me please?

Hey @alex.herceg,

Thanks for your patience while we work through each thread. Following up here, can you please hardwire your core directly to your router, and give both your network and core a hard reboot?

Let me know if your issues persist after this. If they do, please report back the name of the track causing issues, as well as the specific date and time you experience them.

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :pray:

A post was split to a new topic: Licence validation question

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.