Red Warning, software needs updating

Same Here, Red Warning, software needs updating. Yet I have the latest software according to “about” Roon.

Hi @Phil_Lockton,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any change after a reboot?

This happened on both my cores over the past 48 hours. Some update process is not being handled correctly. It may just be a confusing error message, but something isn’t being handled right.

Restarting Roon on the core cleared up the message about needing new software, but the scan process is continuing.

I suspect Roon needs a restart that it isn’t initiating and the database update process hangs until the reboot. Once it rebooted, the scan took another 5 minutes and was done.

So…I suspect the upgrade process has a hang in it somewhere from needing a restart it isn’t initiating or telling the user to initiate.

But, there’s no update in the works right now? Or did you receive some new stuff?? I assume you have been running build 521 on your Core for a couple of weeks now?

I thought I was - I downloaded and installed that update a few weeks back as soon as I was aware of it. And there wasn’t any hung update process at that time.

But both of my cores had this issue in the past 2 days. No progress on a scan, just the spinning circle indefinitely that went away after a restart of Roon on the core. The messaging was something like it was updating the database but it could not continue without a software update. Going to the software update window in settings revealed nothing, and it all went away with the restart.

There are quite a few of us experiencing this atm.:

I have sent logs to the Roon dudes this morning.
And, like you i updated to 521 a couple of weeks ago and everything has been fine. This behaviour started last week…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Metadata improver error

Hi Dylan,
I am running a Roon certified Antipodes EX as server/renderer, Linux OS, connected to a Mytek Dac+.
Network is optical Fibre, router to TP Link power line extender and then to Antipodes all via cat 6 ethernet cable. I am using a Win 10 laptop as my remote control, my collection is 200 cds ripped to Flac uncompressed.
I can see and access the Antipodes via my home network and obviously I am connected to the internet.
No change after a reboot of the Antipodes or laptop.

Hello @Phil_Lockton,

Thank you for confirming the network setup details and that rebooting has had no effect.

I have gone ahead and activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a log-set to our servers for analysis.

I can confirm that the diagnostics package has been received and I have passed it on to our QA team for closer inspection into this behavior.

It may take a bit of time to hear back from QA regarding analysis, but once we have further feedback for you here, we will reach out once more. Thank you!

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Metadata Improver Error: SonicTransporter

Hi Dylan I have the same problem. My Roon Core Sonic Transporter I7, ethernet connected. HDD USB3 connected to Roon Core. All my endpoint ethernet connected. Roon version 1.7 build 528. Thanks

The whole update process is rough. Had to log into Tidal twice via browser then restart Roon, and had this same metadata improver stopped message on my second core.

It works, but there are a few spots where people could get caught. Hopefully everyone is able to get through it and Roon’s future update process doesn’t include these leaps.

I fixed the problem. Roon setting and setup increase Memory for Photos/Artwork, restart Roon. Red warning is gone.

2 Likes

Thanks, it worked for me. I guess they need to change their warning from “software update needed” to increase memory for Artwork etc.

2 Likes

+1 here. I’ve had exactly the same symptoms. Full reboot of the server cleared it for me. I didn’t change any memory settings.

A post was split to a new topic: Metadata Improver Errror: Innuous

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.