Red X Crashing on Windows 10

@Danny It is possible… I was thinking in the same direction and, assuming it could be a song "stuck" in Tidal, I changed the Tidal password in order to prevent it to start up

There is a bug. It will be fixed in the next bugfix build. It is an easy bug to fix.

The problem can be avoided by avoiding songs with []

@Danny I personnally have no song with those characters, I only use period and hyphen.

@Danny @Mike
I think I found a work around.

I accessed the Core from other Controller (android phone) and started to play a song from my library, in order to avoid strange characters and untangle the situation… now Roon starts normally in the Windows PC

I shall keep you posted about this…

Please, tell me when the bug is fixed, so I can go back to listen to radio or Tidal again :wink:

ooo, look in your queue, and scroll up… let’s see what was up above.

@Danny @Mike
I was listening “We Get Requests” Oscar Peterson DSD from my library.
Here is another important thing
The las song playing (before getting stuck) was “D&E”, so the effect of the bug seems to be triggered by any special character

D&E should be fine… try listening to it again to confirm. It’s annoying but safe, since you can get out of it from another remote.

@Danny. I tried to play D&E and immediately got desconnected from the end-point… had to reset Core and End-point to get the system working… the effect of the bug seems to be triggered by any special character

Would you mind uploading that file for us @Eduardo_Cabral? Thanks!

@mike the file seems now to be fine… after rebooting the whole system, I’ve been playing it with no further issues (even other versions, same name, but 16/44 and 24/96, no problem at all) Seems the previous issue was due to a remaining glitch that desapeard after the full reboot.
I shall keep you posted if the problem arraises again.
Please, let me know the moment the bug is fixed.
Thank you.
Eduardo

1 Like

@Mike @Danny Just detected a clear case of the problem… some Internet Radios trigger the bug effect… it may be due to the special characters, or to some other reason we havent covered yet… an example that frequently produces the crush is Smooth Jazz Tampa Bay station

Hi, @Eduardo_Cabral, may I kindly ask you to post a link of the internet radio stations you mentioned, which crush Roon for you? We need it so we would have more data for the analysis.

Thanks!

Ivan

@Ivan here it is (one of them) http://37.187.79.56:5250/listen.pls?sid=1&t=.pls