Reestablish connection to my music

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Pro latest system, Rhein Z1 V2 Roon player, Uniticore NAIM for storage of my music

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Optical fibre to premises so I have fast internet - using Wi Fi

Connected Audio Devices

Weiss streamer using high end audio equipment

Number of Tracks in Library

+30,000 - about 2 TBs of music

Description of Issue

My Roon was working fine but recently I sold my house and moved to another place. I’ve tried everything multiple times but I can’t get Roon to see my Uniticore music (It comes up on Roon but I can’t add the folders with the music in them. I can see the Uniticore on my computer network and the albums all display in the NAIM app.

CAN I PLEASE PAY SOMEONE TO DO A ZOOM WITH ME AND HELP ME RUN THROUGH HOW TO FIX THIS? I’VE BEEN WORKING FOR DAYS TO FIX THIS WITHOUT ANY SUCCESS. I JUST CAN’T TAKE ANY MORE TIME READING THE INFO ON THE WEB, TRYING IT, AND THEN NOT HAVING SUCCESS. I CAN DEFINITELY PAY FOR SOMEONE’S TIME TO HELP ME PLEASE.

As you have moved did you get new network kit with isp? If so the it’s more than likely the uniti core has a different ip address on your network than before. Find out what it is then edit the existing storage setting for the uniti core in Roon to the new ip address leaving the rest the same.

Yes I have a new computer too. I’ve tried everything but can’t get Roon to recognise the music on my Uniticore. Do you know anyone who knows these systems who could zoom me to set it up?

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing here?

Here are some screen shots of what I get

This looks to me as though you are trying to add a connection to the Uniti Core via the Rhein Z1; I’m not sure this is the right way to go.

I think what you need to do is either edit the direct connections to the two Uniti Core folders, or delete and re-add them. Unfortunately I’m neither a Mac user, nor a Uniti Core user, so I can’t advise how to specify the link in the dialogue.

What appears if you ‘browse’ when trying to add a new watch folder?

As an aside - you mention a new computer… is that the MacBook Pro on which you are running Roon? Was the previous computer a Windows machine?

Thank you Andy for taking the time to reply to me. I’ve absolutely tried everything. I do have another new Mac computer (my old one was a Mac too). Are you working for ROON? if so, is there any way I can pay someone to zoom with me to go through the problems and try to fix this? I’m going mad trying to fix it.

Not a Roon employee I’m afraid - just a community member…

You mention being able to see the music on the Naim app. Do you also then have Naim endpoints on your network? Can you play music from the Uniti Core to those?

I’ll see if I can find anything specific in the community.

Are you part of the naim community? You could try asking there - plenty of Roon users, some of whom will be using Uniti Core with Roon on a Mac.

Does this help?

Hi Andy, I think this might solve the problem. But I can’t find anywhere the six digits in the name of the Uniticore.

I think it’s the serial number of the unit - I’ve just looked and it is for my ND5XS2, which shows up on a network scan as ‘ND5XS2-nnnnnn. The ‘-‘ might be important.

You should be able to find the serial number (without squinting at the back of the box… :wink:) in the settings/about screen of the Naim app.

1 Like

Andy, I’m so incredibly grateful for your help. Thank you. Your hints helped me work this out - when I go to storage I had to reset the network path to my IP address (instead of UnitCore) and then \Downloads (and \Music). It worked fine and loaded all of my music.

I now feel alive again being able to listen to my music!

1 Like

Glad it’s working! Looks like @CrystalGipsy was right…

Don’t forget that if you’ve used the actual IP address you will need to do this again if it changes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.