Reinstall Win 10 remote

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK Version 1.7 (build 528) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Unifi Network 1 Gb to ROCK and players, wifi to remotes

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Node 2i players

Description Of Issue

My Windows 10 installation, used as a remote is having problem connecting after I changed ROCK to fixed IP. Other remotes, Android and iOS are working just fine. I guess it has to do with that Windows 10 installations used as remotes are full installations and Android and iOS are remotes. I tried reinstall but didnt dare to check Settings and databases. Is it safe to do so?

Hi @Staffan_Jonson,

I would use these instructions to reinstall your Windows 10 Remote:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location (on Windows this is %localappdata% and you can post that directly into a Windows Explorer window.
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

Also, verify that the Win 10 PC and the new ROCK NUC are on the same IP subnet, ie. first three sections of the IP are the same, with only the last different. aka 192.168.5.X, where X is different for both of them. an App like Fing can verify IP addresses for you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.